Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Giants

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Giants

Postby Goharo » Mar 12, 2004 (12:04 pm)

I am a big fan of giants both stone and young ones. By far the best creature in the game. So I say there should be another breed of giants. Giants with crossbows. Big fricken crossbows. Yeah :twisted:
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Re: Giants

Postby GDPALLIDAR » Mar 12, 2004 (7:57 pm)

And lasers. Big, huge lasers of death and a shoulder-mounted missile pod. Er, uh sorry, move along.
:: Rich Mondy, CEO, RPGN
:: Trevor Rage [Haelrahv]
:: GD Pallidar [Eaxia]
GDPALLIDAR
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby Goharo » Mar 12, 2004 (10:03 pm)

Well sorry no one seems to like the giants with crossbows idea. I dont think it was that far fetched gesh
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Mar 12, 2004 (11:51 pm)

At least with all the quarrels that always laying around up in stonies at least they'd have plenty of ammo although I kinda see em more as carrying ballistas :shock:

Another twist to give ya a bigger baddie might be something like the (OOC) D&D Storm giants that can cast/call lightning bolts. That'd be a shocker! :twisted:
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Mar 12, 2004 (11:51 pm)

At least with all the quarrels that always laying around up in stonies at least they'd have plenty of ammo although I kinda see em more as carrying ballistas :shock:

Another twist to give ya a bigger baddie might be something like the (OOC) D&D Storm giants that can cast/call lightning bolts. That'd be a shocker! :twisted:
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby SHAMAN » Mar 13, 2004 (7:38 am)

in another post, ina notha section, ina galaxy...errm sorry

in anycase i did make a post nae lon ago bout the possibility an tha question of why there isn a creature between giants an jungathas...an mayhaps milord Goharo has somethin, mayhaps anotha giant offbreed, nae too sure bou tha crossbow idea as many larger critters as well as players due ta their size aren able ta use such weapons, but mayhaps somethin lon tha lines of giants tha huck boulders er trees..somethin, anythin betwen tha last two critters...somethin wit some flavor

Ty
SHAMAN
Veteran Forums Adventurer
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby COTY » Mar 13, 2004 (12:32 pm)

:twisted:

Crossbow thing does sound a bit far fetched.. however what about...
Another undead creature? something like:

Banshees that seep the life from you with thier screams. Or if not that then possibly they'd stun you for a period of time.

Maybe even impliment one of the invasion critters like dragons? (hey just an idea you know).

atleast 2 more breeds of critters would add some spice as well as more of a challenge. Especially if one was box dropping :drools:
What about after Jungatha the massive kitties that arn't all that cuddly?
Hey we all know it's the challenge of the hunt that lures us into going out there and getting disembowled or decapitated. Nevertheless if you eat the same food everyday it eventually gets mundane and you lose the interest in it. We all know that currently the staffing situation is swamped with ideas and projects and I think we're not expecting something to drop from the sky and breed a couple of new critters overnight. Perhaps this issue might be something too include in the next Poll that is taken for game ideas once everything currently planned is done.[color=red]
[/color]
COTY
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby Goharo » Mar 13, 2004 (1:28 pm)

We have crossbows goblins have some kinda bows i dont think a giant with a crossbow would be to far fetched. i mean they could be an off shoot of the young giants could be teen giants not as big as a giant but still big i dunno i just wana see something with a crossbow.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby ellisj » Mar 13, 2004 (2:12 pm)

heres my 2 cents, i say if an ogre can't use a crossbow i don't see why it would be made so a giant could, cause the giants are bigger den ogres. just don't seem possible that a giant could use a crossbow an an ogre couldn't
Bose
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby GOHR » Mar 13, 2004 (2:46 pm)

ogres got mages, goblins got archers, trolls and giants aint got nuthin to scary so imma agree giants and or trolls should have a ranged attacker
GOHR
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby SACKETT3 » Mar 13, 2004 (3:44 pm)

I am kinda thinking that since there is already two types of giants and two types of goblins, and a few types of ogres that it would be nice to see another troll that is saved for those of us that dont learn to good from the kitties anymore. Maybe even a troll that can shoot the crossbow if it would help calm down the king goblin

signed: Otheous "the lost"
SACKETT3
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby Goharo » Mar 13, 2004 (5:58 pm)

Just think how fun it would be. Giants with crossbows. I mean damn that just sounds like a good time to me.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby COTY » Mar 13, 2004 (6:24 pm)

While we're at it why not make some Cyclops with crossbows and flying fish? :smirks:

Seriously though.. the giants thing is overplayed. Of course they amass great wealth from thier brute streangth to simply take what they please and inflict fear into their prey, as they dominate their victims through size.
Other then that Giants are a quite dumb even with the humanoid appearance. I'm not argueing here saying that we shouldn't have new critters implimented or an added twist to perk things up once again. The troll idea wasn't all that bad. However do we really want to see just another branch off of a breed more intelligent then the last? Or do we want to take ourselves deeper into the hunt and the challenge to find new untamed beasts and the perils that lurk around every bend?

Come on guys(and the women) knock a few heads together and lets get some more ideas as to what you would like to see. I'm merely voicing an opinion and i'm sure there are several more out there who havn't stepped up yet to say anything. We're all somewhat agreeing that we'd like to see a critter between giants and kitties..... Well lets get something new!

( you can paint your cat and tie horns on it but in the end it's still a cat.) and giving a crossbow to a giant .. it's still a giant! come on! lets get another area explored ( perhaps whenever the Champion area hunting grounds are released shortly after/or in the process some directionally challenged ranger can stumble across a new hunting ground and this new breed for all to enjoy.) not saying ya have a bad idea Goharo.. lets just take it to another level.
COTY
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby ellisj » Mar 13, 2004 (9:31 pm)

the point is if an ogre is too strong an big to handle a crossbow it is obvious that a giant would be too big an strong, maybe they could learn to throw there rocks or somethin, but then that would be like hunters, maybe they could learn how to throw tree sized spears that'd be cool.
Bose
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby Goharo » Mar 13, 2004 (9:44 pm)

Not if the giant had a giant crossbow then it would be just right.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 14, 2004 (11:59 am)

MARPO wrote:
COTY wrote:Crossbow thing does sound a bit far fetched..

I don't understand what is far fetched about a creature like giants having a ranged attack. Considering the fortunes they amass they must have enough intelligence to use ranged weapons. Giant are really only extremely large human like creatures aren't they?

They do have a ranged attack: boulders.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 14, 2004 (12:01 pm)

MARPO wrote:
COTY wrote:While we're at it why not make some Cyclops with crossbows and flying fish? :smirks:.

The sarcasm is not appreciated nor is it necessary.

But it certainly wasn't inappropriate and led into the point he was making. Relax.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 14, 2004 (12:04 pm)

ellisj wrote:heres my 2 cents, i say if an ogre can't use a crossbow i don't see why it would be made so a giant could, cause the giants are bigger den ogres. just don't seem possible that a giant could use a crossbow an an ogre couldn't

An ogre can't use human-sized crossbows (sold in stores, etc.) or other ranged weapons because they aren't built with the ogre's size (both in dimensions -- i.e.: fat fingers, and in strength). Ogres simply can't get their fingers around the triggers and can't do anything but break apart a longbow in their hands -- or at the very least, try but aren't able to hold the arrow to the string.

However -- if there were crossbows and bows made with the ogre in mind, it's possible ogres could. Likewise, if a very giant-sized bow/crossbow were made for giants, they too could use them. The problem currently is that there aren't any materials suitable for creating that kind of weapon in that size -- so they settle for rocks and huge slabs of metal they wield as greatswords.

It has nothing to do with intelligence, but about the availability of weapons that your size/strength is compatible with.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 14, 2004 (12:06 pm)

SACKETT3 wrote:it would be nice to see another troll that is saved for those of us that dont learn to good from the kitties anymore

They're on their way with the Necromancer release. I know this has been posted before (5-6 months ago), but for those of you who missed it, please read the background to that area, including a summarized description of the creatures you will soon see:

www.eaxia.com/library/soul_stealer_swamp.php
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 14, 2004 (12:12 pm)

COTY wrote:While we're at it why not make some Cyclops with crossbows and flying fish? :smirks:

I'll remember you asked for that when you're complaining that a fish-shooting cyclops impales you with a trout and large-mouth bass and then runs off with your altered inventory, giggling at you and rolling his one eye. ;)

COTY wrote:Seriously though.. the giants thing is overplayed. Of course they amass great wealth from thier brute streangth to simply take what they please and inflict fear into their prey, as they dominate their victims through size. Other then that Giants are a quite dumb even with the humanoid appearance.

( you can paint your cat and tie horns on it but in the end it's still a cat.) and giving a crossbow to a giant .. it's still a giant! come on! lets get another area explored

I have to agree with MARPO here -- what makes you think giants are "dumb"? In most fantasy fiction, giants are extremely intelligent and rank just under par with dragons, considered the highest on the intelligence scale. In Eaxia, their species has been far down-played, but there's no indication given either way that they are intelligent nor otherwise (yes, the young giants say "pway wif me", but they're babies -- you can excuse them).

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they decided to wage war against Semanri for the years of bloodshed you've caused them. Would certainly serve you right. ;)
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby ALLRIGHT » Mar 14, 2004 (4:16 pm)

I don't really care if it's a giant with a crossbow or a cyclops, I just want a new creature thats above Jungatha. I dont see the need for a creature between giants and jungathas, we've gone this long without needing one, I just think we need something for the people over 55 to hunt, there's no where to hunt for those characters, and I think those need to be looked into first.
ALLRIGHT
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 14, 2004 (9:18 pm)

ALLRIGHT wrote:I just want a new creature thats above Jungatha.

ALLRIGHT wrote:...we need something for the people over 55 to hunt, there's no where to hunt for those characters, and I think those need to be looked into first.

Read the rest of my posts.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby THECAT » Mar 15, 2004 (12:23 am)

CROSSBOWING CYCLOPS, FISH FLINGIN WHOOSIES...EITHER WAY..THIS PLACE ROCKS...THANKS FOR THE HARD WORK. IM LOOKING FORWARD TO FALLING VICTIM TO GIANTS..DOESNT MATTER IF THEY ARE WAVING BOULDERS, SLINGIN FISHHEADS, OR DROPPING TREETRUNKS ON MY NUMB SKULL.

The giant leans back slightly and launches a massive tree limb into the air. Oh my! Your body convulses as you drop to the ground with a squish. The hole in your chest should make a nice raccoons nest for the coming winter.

FEAR THE CATBIRD
THECAT
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby ALDANON » Mar 17, 2004 (1:35 am)

That mean we can look forward to racial specific armors and weapons and such in the future?
ALDANON
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby Goharo » Mar 22, 2004 (1:21 am)

Exxy you said giants do have a ranged attacked their boulders. I never seen them throw or roll one just pick them up and hit me with them.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 23, 2004 (12:20 pm)

ALDANON wrote:That mean we can look forward to racial specific armors and weapons and such in the future?

There aren't any current plans for this, but as we all know, Eaxia Online is a place of continual growth and development. It may be possible at some point, but we have not considered it.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 23, 2004 (12:21 pm)

Goharo wrote:Exxy you said giants do have a ranged attacked their boulders. I never seen them throw or roll one just pick them up and hit me with them.

They should be throwing them. I'll make sure to fix them -- thanks.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO

GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to General