Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

jes some thins i need ta ask an such

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

jes some thins i need ta ask an such

Postby SHAMAN » Mar 10, 2004 (6:52 pm)

couple of questions i been ponderin on...

wha is it tha dictates swing time ofa weapon, is it agility, strength, lessons learned in tha weapon er a combination?

how come there isnt any critters ta hunt between stone giants an tha jungle kittys of Mataya island, seems ta me tha once yeh stop learnin defences an weapons in giants yeh still nae even close to bein able ta hunt jungathas. i knows there mus be some element of danger an tha reality of death when huntin...hence the expierence learned from killin the critters but its impossible ta learn when yer a corpseicle more than a student. i knows ima idiot but this jes don make much sence, i been stuck in stonies so lon an nae learnin anythin tha it makes it almost impossible to fahom when id be able to ebtter myself in combat. bad nuff due to my path of choice im nae a magor league combatant but...an as far as fightin from afar wit ranged weapons thas all well an good an would werk great ifn there was some otha way ta advance my learnin in defences. since being at melee is tha only way ta learn dodge, parry, an armor...an kittys are jes too advanced, nae ta mention since i must in most cases unfourtionatly hunt alone...this jes adds to my frustration an delima.

anotha question has ta do wit an ability we have recently aquaired. this bein tha ability we share wit tha tree huggin rangas..tha bein tha ability to lace weapons wit venoms an such...my two questions on this are quite simple, how come ifn we as tha adventurers git poisonede we die from it on most occasions, yet tha critters we hunt don seem ta have this delima, an as i heard tell we'd be able to lace any weapon an ammunition lon as it wasn blunt as in nae any maces an clubs..but yet we kin nae lace quarrels?

im sure i had one er two more but eitha they weren importan er ill think of'em later

rsidant Villege Idiot
Ty
SHAMAN
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Re: jes some thins i need ta ask an such

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 14, 2004 (11:39 am)

SHAMAN wrote:wha is it tha dictates swing time ofa weapon, is it agility, strength, lessons learned in tha weapon er a combination?

A combination. And I can't get much more specific than that, but it shouldn't be too terribly hard to figure out.

SHAMAN wrote:how come there isnt any critters ta hunt between stone giants an tha jungle kittys of Mataya island

Because they're in development and/or ready to be released but just awaiting the implimentation of a new area for them to live in.

SHAMAN wrote:how come ifn we as tha adventurers git poisonede we die from it on most occasions, yet tha critters we hunt don seem ta have this delima

It's extremely complex and technical, but let's just say that players and NPCs are made very, very differently from each other. They can't support residual effects well (yet), but when they do, I'm sure poison and other effect-over-time (EoT) and damage-over-time (DoT) effects will work like they do on players.

SHAMAN wrote:i heard tell we'd be able to lace any weapon an ammunition lon as it wasn blunt as in nae any maces an clubs..but yet we kin nae lace quarrels?

Ammunition is currently created and deleted dynamically, which is how bundling is possible. This makes it very difficult to create and maintain effects such as poison or enchantments on ammunition without developing some tools for us to overcome that. This is another example of "we're getting there". Maces, quarterstaffs, and other blunts should not be poisonable -- if they are, it's a bug and we will fix it.

On a side note: with exception to the Role-Playing category/section, the message forums are considered an out-of-character environment for players to discuss game-related topics with each other and with us, the game staff. Posting with role-playing character accents, mannerisms, and inflections (like above) can be (and is) difficult to interpret and read. Make it easy on us and post as your player whilst in the bulk of the forums.

Thanks! :o
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby SHAMAN » Mar 15, 2004 (8:57 am)

many thankx Exxy for clearing things up, for taking the time to read, as well as sorry for the IC post in a OOC section. i somehow just wasnt thinking.

as for the blunt weapons, i have not an do not intend to try it unless you would like me to, in order to find out if it's bugged, but im sure you have your wayes of testing that theory without me.

Ty/Shaman
SHAMAN

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 15, 2004 (3:48 pm)

SHAMAN wrote:as for the blunt weapons, i have not an do not intend to try it unless you would like me to, in order to find out if it's bugged

Be my guest.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to General