Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Skills

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Skills

Postby Goharo » Nov 29, 2003 (7:17 pm)

I dunno if its just me but I dont think the skills are teaching enough at all. Really makes the training it takes to raise a skill kinda pointless for such a little reward.
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Re: Skills

Postby Goharo » Nov 29, 2003 (7:48 pm)

just wanted to add this. Me and a few other people really only had skills to push levels even with the exp cut in what you need to level 40 exp from a grey jungatha is really not enough when you need over 16000 to level. so something needs to happen. a new creature that teaches more or raise how far jungatha teach too or put the skill exp back to how it was
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby Clauddvon_Mauddiv » Nov 30, 2003 (11:52 am)

It's lonely at the top. :( I also wish for something higher than Jungathas...they just don't teach well at all. Maybe it's intentional to slow us down or maybe they are just really busy with other more important things. Either way, one day it'll be nice.

Clauddvon
Clauddvon Maud'divv
~*~Ranger Extraordinaire~*~
...ummmm.....where's the Ranger's Guild???
Clauddvon_Mauddiv
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby ATKINSJ » Dec 1, 2003 (2:35 pm)

I dont get any exp for kills on any creature in the game . I get anywhere from 1-17 exp for skill ranks depeding on how many ranks in a skill i have. With the way things are now i will have to cap out 10 skills just to be able to make a new level, I know the exp could have been a little to much but only recieving a 10th of what i was getting just dosnt seem right. If the idea is to stop us from reaching level 100 then why even make that a goal to reach. As it stands now if it were not for exp from healing there would be no chance to reach 100.
ATKINSJ
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby SHAMAN » Dec 16, 2003 (1:21 pm)

knows im jes an idiot but, could i cut in a moment?

i jes have one small question fer all those tha do know more than me, an i know tha numbers grow evermore...but kin someone please tell me when we might see somethin tha stimulates other skills rather than jes combat an hunting?

seems a bit odd ta me tha all anyones really talkin bout is huntin this an combat tha an we need more critters...this is understandable fer all those elders but wha of tha rest who actually would like ta do more than jes hunt an sit round lookin like statues an bumps on logs? seems ta me there may be a slightly larger prolem here an nae anyone seems ta care er speak of it. lack of ways to train skills, lack of reason as well in some cases.

jes a note ta me elders, specially those tha are either friends er have jes helpped me along tha way fer wha ever their reason may have been, but how many of yeh do more than hunt, how many are actually werkin guild tytpe skills...i know there's nae a need ta build certion skills in order ta advance in yer path of choice, but whas tha use in advancin at all, er of haven all these otha skills if all yeh gonna do is worry bout advancin an huntin an how much exp a critter yeilds ta yeh fer yer troubles, howeva many tha ma be.

seems ta me nae matter how much time i try ta dedicate ta otha skills, er how hard i puch ta learn those skills im ammontin ta nae more than a glorified commoner, a pathitic fighter wannabe at best. ifn i wanted ta do nae more than hunt an be friendly id have stayed a commoner an save meself a life of confusion an meaninless time werkin skills tha i don use er need. is much simpler ifn we just all become commoners an kill stuff, dismiss tha unneeded guild leaders an all tha time they have put inta their guilds an possibly lifes werk.

...shrugs and moves back to the darkest cornor in the back of the room an shuts up...

This rant bruaght ta yeh by one confusled and irate idiot
Ty

Give up your pride for pain
But don't give up your
Treasure for the promise of
An empty box
SHAMAN

Postby ALLRIGHT » Dec 16, 2003 (3:13 pm)

A lot of the skills, still arent live, so theres not a lot to work if youre a healer, druid, martail artist, things like that. Heal, Wilderness Lore, concentration, spot, etc... most skills arent live to work in the first place, so youre still left with carving, gemcutting, alchemy, etc. Therefore still sitting around.
ALLRIGHT
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby SHAMAN » Dec 17, 2003 (11:19 am)

as fer werkin them skills we do have, i quitely enjoy most of'em, howeva there does seem ta be a prolem tha im guessin nae anyone has er wants ta see...thas tha lack of ways ta train skills...

aye i knows im jes a damn villege idiot, an more so fer thinkin i kin win a nae win battle...but im nae tha type ta give up, read betwix tha lines in me earlier post an everyone may understan wha tha rant is truley about. all im gonna say fer now.

Ty
Shallow is the mind that lies
Swallowed is the soul that dies
Borrowed is the time that's left
Hollow dreams leave a stain
Upon the soul of endless depth
SHAMAN

Postby GDEXXY » Dec 17, 2003 (4:33 pm)

I'll be the first to admit that the skill system is crude and need lots of work. Obvious problems are abundant with it, such as low experience yielding, which itself wouldn't be a problem if there were more skills to train, which leads into the problem of low diversity. I also know that you can only hear "we'll have more skills out soon" so many times before you lose faith, so I have to apologize at the length of time it's taking us to get in gear on this. We don't just want it to be another quick-fix patch that improves one area but damages another.

As for more creatures, they're coming -- and in force. We were hoping to have a few new cities ready to be released by the end of the year, but it seems like it may be a bit longer before that's a possibility. Regardless, what you'll find in them and on the way to them will be a godsend for many, if not all, of you. Want a sneak peak? Read the history of the Soul Stealer Swamp and pay special attention to the vile creatures that haunt just one of the many areas to be released in early 2004...

http://www.role-players.com/Eaxia/Library/soul_stealer_swamp.php

Creatures are also getting smarter and are evolving with resistances (and susceptibilities) towards certain types of damage (of which there is fire, ice, wind, earth, aether, psychic, holy, and unholy). Creatures are also getting two new upgrades... the major one is that NPCs will have a control/ally subsystem which will let players control and/or ally with an NPC (hire a mercenary, control an undead zombie, befriend a pack of wolves, etc.) and the minor one is that NPCs will have interest ratings in their environment. When coupled with personality and alignment, this gives us a very powerful core for making NPCs and creatures much more aware of their surroundings and give each type of creature better (better = more realistic) chances at targeting players, objects, or other creatures/NPCs. This means NPCs can decide whether it's more important to heal/help a fellow NPC (or player that they're aligned with) or whether to attack hostile targets (such as un-aligned players/NPCs and objects). Objects, yes, objects -- NPCs will also now be able to target object structures such as buildings, artifacts, etc. in the efforts of raiding a peaceful village or in defending their own if you decide to raid them!

The best part is that both upgrades are due for release within the next month. Priests and Necromancers are both waiting on the NPC control subsystem, so it's a high priority for us. As well, the environmental interest rating NPC subsystem is important for controlled NPCs since they need to know how to attack other NPCs for the Necromancer that's controlling them (and later, for other types of NPC control, such as NPC allies and hired NPC mercenaries).
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby Clauddvon_Mauddiv » Dec 18, 2003 (11:03 am)

Sounds like some exciting creatures. Can't wait to test their skills!

Thanks Staff!

Clauddvon
Clauddvon Maud'divv
~*~Ranger Extraordinaire~*~
...ummmm.....where's the Ranger's Guild???
Clauddvon_Mauddiv

Return to General