Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Strength/Dex vs. Combat outcome.

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Strength/Dex vs. Combat outcome.

Postby arriend » May 15, 2003 (9:22 pm)

Hello again,
Suppose that I'm not really expecting too much to be revealed from this post, but to make the quary as general as possible...I find that some weapons, obviously, have a higher RT then others. In theory, can any weapon have it's round time reduced to one second, or do different weapons/weapon types have a minimum that is above what we all would be chasing after, making it useless to train combat stats further then a set point?
Alright alright, I suppose that was general, but not as clear as it possibly could be...Any other responces or ideas on the topic would be appreciated, weather player or staff, every opinion brings a different light on the topic.

Thanks for taking a second or so to ponder this...
arriend
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDOBDURATUS » May 16, 2003 (9:54 pm)

making it useless to train combat stats further then a set point?

You cannot train your combat stats beyond their usefulness. The rest of your questions can and should be answered by other players, in my opinion, and I am relatively positive that there are instances that would prove the answers to them in game at this time. :)

GD-Obduratus
GDOBDURATUS
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby arriend » May 17, 2003 (2:13 am)

Hmmm...
Suppose I could make the question a bit more clear, but will most likely get the same response. I'm attempting to reveal what will, if anything, give me the best results from stat devotion. I've 2 stats to use (noticed that bonuses usually come on even numbers, is why I state this) and when fighting have a strength of 29 and dex of 22...if the even number theory holds true then lowering strength to 28 and dex raised to 24 would simulate putting those two stats in the dex position...this yielded no bonuses for round time, to hit (though ranged got +1), or armor...so I've ruled out having the 28/24...which would be 28/26 with mods, but there's no telling if that'd result in the decreased round time. on the other hand, dexterity is vital to round time...so removing the one mod I have to it will hinder the observation of strength bonuses and throw off the entire attempt I've going on...
The ability to raise a stat is hard to come by, and that is why I am so cautious about putting them into an area that I've no idea what the outcome is. If no assistance is able to be given that's understandable, but the situation has gotten a bit nerve-racking...
Hope this made at least a bit of sense...let me know your thoughts on my random ramblings.

Thanks!
arriend
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » May 17, 2003 (2:47 pm)

This is absolutely a decision that you should make yourself based on the experiences and knowledge that you've gained. We won't reveal the answers to the "which stats to train" puzzle.

I'm very sorry we can't be more helpful in what ability scores will help reduce weapon roundtimes, at what levels, and by how much -- but that's definitely something that you as a player should discover.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to General