Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Fighter/Ranger versus Rogue/Ranger

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Fighter/Ranger versus Rogue/Ranger

Postby naelena » Jan 13, 2003 (5:01 pm)

I am trying to find out if you keep your abilities from your first tier when you advance to your second tier. Since you can go on to Ranger from both fighter and Rogue what is the pros and cons of each. I chose Rogue thinking you keep your rogueish abilities i.e. examining boxes, since this would be the only reason to choose to go the rogueish route versus the fighter route to Ranger. Am I mistaken in my thinking. Any response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

Naelena Widdamakre of the Clan Faleen
naelena
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby naelena » Jan 14, 2003 (8:26 pm)

In reply to my own question::
No you do not keep the ability to examine boxes when you go from rogue to ranger. I took the plunge and figured this out on my own. Now my new question is why? Why have be able to go from rogue to ranger if you dont keep the ability? The way it is you would be better off to just go fighter and be done with it.
naelena
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Agree'd.

Postby Itharr » Jan 14, 2003 (11:42 pm)

I don't know the D&D rules, but I would think that you would be able to keep previous abilities, even if you are no longer able to increase them. A level 20 Ranger should be able to Open Locks/Disarm traps at the skill level they had when they left the Rogues guild. Of course, it's quite possible I'm incorect, just my opinion. :)

-Ith
Itharr
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Jan 15, 2003 (12:37 pm)

When you prestige to a ranger, you take on the new life of a ranger entirely. You abandon your prior life as a fighter or a rogue entirely and journey through life on a new path. As you experience life as a ranger, your skills and abilities of your previous life diminish and you reach a state where you are no more skilled than as if you had never practiced the skill or ability at all.

That's why.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to General