Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Eaxia2

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Eaxia2

Postby Rob » Dec 27, 2002 (11:25 am)

I killed a Dark Ogre Mage and only got 18 exp points (This was with a 2nd level Fighter)

But in Eaxia(the origanal one) I kill a Dark Ogre Mage and got 70 exp points(With a 10th level Fighter)

I took a chance to go there with a 2nd level character and got lees exp points then from a rat? WHY?
Rob
Spammer
Spammer

Postby GDALDANON » Dec 27, 2002 (11:52 am)

The experience system through hunting is set up so as to make the critters basicly level specific. Experience is given on a "curve". A critter whos level is 4 will provide (this is only an example mind you) around 80-100 experience points to a 6th-9th level player character. In other words ...the bigger the difference between YOUR level and the CRITTERS level, the less experience you'll make. We do this to encourage players to hunt within their skill level. After a certain level, you'll find that goblins will not teach you at all. And it will eventually be the same for ogre mages, you will get to a skill level that surpasses them , thus you'll not be able to "learn anything new" from them.

So to reiterate and answer your question as simply as possible.

The experience gained is affected directly by your characters level and the level of the critter. The bigger the difference, the less experience that is gained.

Hope that helps.

Game Director Aldanon
Lore/History Director
GD-Aldanon@XXXXX.XXX
Eaxia Online
www.eaxia.com
GDALDANON
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby Rob » Dec 27, 2002 (1:47 pm)

Ok That explains it, but I'm risking my life with bigger creatures and get get less exp then smaller creatures then me.(Doesn't make cense to me).
Rob
Spammer
Spammer

Postby GDEXXY » Dec 27, 2002 (4:21 pm)

With an even challenge, we stand to benefit the most from an experience, whether that's an encounter with a hostile monster or any other task we perform. If the task is not challenging enough, there's not much to learn. If the task is too challenging, it's too difficult for you to learn much from the experience. Either way, too far above or too far below your challenge range will cause the same basic effect.

Hope that clarifies.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to General