Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Upcoming Events, Etc

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Upcoming Events, Etc

Postby GDAUTUMN » May 13, 2016 (1:26 pm)

We've been having some talk about doing recurring events. What we would love to hear from you guys is what kinds of things you'd like to see! As well what days of the week and times work best for you all. From polling Facebook, it seems Friday nights might be good.

So far, these events can be:
Merchants
Alterations
Meetings
Raffles
Invasions

I would also love to hear from you guys what type of merchants you would like to see, as well as what types of items you would like to have raffled? Raffles, if you recall, use a ticket system. You buy your tickets, and then I draw a number, and that number wins whatever it is :)

The more input we have from you guys, the better!
GameDirector Autumn,
Exxy's do-everything girl.
GDAUTUMN
Eaxia Online senior staff

Re: Upcoming Events, Etc

Postby GOTHICPROPHET » May 13, 2016 (2:10 pm)

Those are all good options, Autumn. Though I, personally, would like to see all levels of character able to participate in events - especially if we're looking to draw in new blood as they won't be at end game for a bit, generally. Depending on pricing merchants can be a pain, and invasions can be outright lethally discouraging for the young and new.

As far as stuff I'd like to see as rewards that you didn't list? Titles, homes, pets, weapons (must have a wide variety, one per weapon type), armors (must have at least a couple of options for each armor level including shields), unique magic or verby items.

Just a couple of quick items I thought up as soon as I saw the post for events:
Quests! Thematic errands based on the event, complete with appropriate prizes/rewards (items, titles, etc.)
Holidays/Seasonal events (with appropriate merchants, minigames, etc.)

Hope this is the sort of feedback you're looking for. :D
GOTHICPROPHET
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Re: Upcoming Events, Etc

Postby GDAUTUMN » May 13, 2016 (2:26 pm)

Weapons and armor I'm going to mostly shy away from for now -- combat rewrite would render them all useless. Though I am still working on the new area/mini quest thinger for new weapons/variety. I just need to sit down with Exxy at some point and have him help me with the code bits of it. They're on par with the stuff Ruza has, but you know, different types.

Titles and homes are easy peasy, pets may be tricky depending on the type that you mean. Do you mean companion type pets, or fluff atmo type pets?

Anything that requires a lot of coding is likely out, because I simply don't have the skill to do it. I can bug Exxy to help with the occasional thing, but I'd much rather let him focus on systems. So this means quests and like things are probably out.

And yep! It was helpful! Thanks!
GameDirector Autumn,
Exxy's do-everything girl.
GDAUTUMN

Return to General