Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Meeting Log - 4/29/16

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Meeting Log - 4/29/16

Postby GDAUTUMN » May 4, 2016 (9:40 pm)

* Antique ShadowFox Star joins the adventure.
>Tulsidas stands up.
>
* Natural Priestess Dayerin Maud'divv joins the adventure.
Tulsidas sits down on a soft, black leather recliner.
>Exxy says, "That would be Dayerin logging in and doing character conversion crashes. I still don't know why old characters cause that"
>
* Magical GameDirector Autumn Moonfortune joins the adventure.

Magical GameDirector Autumn just arrived.
>
* Disregardable Bolvar Fordring joins the adventure.

Disregardable Bolvar just arrived.
>
* War Lord Staran Nazka joins the adventure.

War Lord Staran just arrived.
>
* The Eternally Lost Clauddvon Maud'divv joins the adventure.
Staran asks, "wait, was that just me that dc'd?"
>Staran says, "or are you all just way faster than me"
>Exxy says, "Nope, that was a crash and we're all faster than you appraently."
>Bolvar glances at Staran and flexes.
>The air ripples with the distortion of some magic and you notice Clauddvon appears, looking dazed and confused.
>The air ripples with the distortion of some magic and you notice Dayerin appears, looking dazed and confused.
>Exxy grins.
>Exxy says, "Glad you two could make it"
>Staran asks, "is that the crash that happens, every time a new character is made?"
>Clauddvon says, "Nice to be here."
>Clauddvon smiles.
>Clauddvon snuggles up to Dayerin resting his head on her shoulder.
>Tulsidas nods.
>Tulsidas says, "indeed"
>The smell of Exxy wafts around Autumn.
>Exxy says, "I think it's an old crash that happens when older characters are converted to a newer (~2010) system"
>Tulsidas says, "with a purpose too"
>Autumn removes a silver necklace dangling an intricate filigree heart from around her neck.
>Autumn puts a silver necklace dangling an intricate filigree heart in a small cloth bag smudged with charcoal.
>Clauddvon grins at Dayerin.
>Clauddvon says, "Looks like we caused a crash."
>Exxy asks, "Making an entrance?"
>Exxy grins.
>Autumn pets Bolvar.
>Clauddvon nods.
>Tulsidas coughs.
>Staran asks, "is there any way to upgrade all old characters, behind the scenes?"
>The black diamond dragon curled around Clauddvon's leg suddenly comes to life and travels up his body until it wraps itself around his waist, poised to strike at anything that moves.
>Exxy says, "We had a few dozen people show up on Monday throughout the evening and a bit more than that on Facebook sying they'd try to make it today.. surprised to only see five players here."
>Dayerin's platinum pin glows softly for a moment.
>Tulsidas says, "yep, me to... I pledge allegiance. "
>Exxy nods at Staran.
>Exxy says, "There is, but if it's related to the new character crash, it won't matter. I added some stuff this week to try and troubleshoot it, but it's still an ongoing mystery."
>Bolvar says, "We got quality, not quantity."
>Bolvar says, "The quantity comes later."
>Tulsidas says, "I agree"
>Tulsidas leans on Bolvar.
Exxy chuckles.
>Bolvar grins.
>Clauddvon says, "Gratz to you and Autumn. Last I heard....years and years ago, you were going to be living together. 6 years married now. Gratz"
>Staran says, "hopefully you have some luck tracking down the new character crash thing"
>Autumn beams at Clauddvon.
>Bolvar says, "I'm bugging Llanos right now, at least I think it's Llanos."
>
* Canned Beef Chrysagon Delacrue joins the adventure.

Canned Beef Chrysagon just arrived.
>Autumn says, "Thanks hon."
>Exxy says, "Yeah just about.. August is our 6th"
>Exxy grins at Clauddvon.
>Staran says, "cause when the new people start showing up, doesnt keep them around long when the game dies"
>Autumn grins at Bolvar.
>Bolvar says, "Probably doesn't help when people kill em either."
>Bolvar whistles a few notes.
>Staran says, "once they're here, it's fair game"
>Tulsidas says, "again with the killing newbies"
>Exxy says, "So let's get started then and talk about what we like in Eaxia that we want to make sure doesn't change as it relates to throwing away and rebuilding how combat works. That's the first, major core item that needs to be done going forward as it stifles a lot of the enjoyment that comes from advancing your character's progress."
>Tulsidas looks at Bolvar and blinks.
>Clauddvon asks, "So, you done yet?"
>Exxy says, "Clearly we know what's broken.. ranged combat, PvP.. obvious items. But let's talk first about what we like."
>Clauddvon grins at Exxy.
>Clauddvon asks, "Overhaul done?"
>Autumn laughs at Clauddvon.
>Exxy bites Clauddvon!
>Exxy asks, "Anyone want to start?"
>Tulsidas says, "not PvP now."
>Clauddvon rubs his nose.
>Staran says, "personally, i like the huge variety of weapon choices"
>Tulsidas says, "critter hunting first"
>Bolvar says, "We like treasure, too."
>Staran says, "the downside, is that skill in them currently, doesnt really matter"
>Tulsidas says, "no"
>Tulsidas says, "we like spells"
>Bolvar says, "Incentive to hunt other than experience is good."
>Tulsidas pushes Bolvar a little.
>Bolvar scoffs at Tulsidas.
>Bolvar asks, "Who needs spells when you got guns?"
Exxy says, "Okay so there's a few topics, let's start with weapon variety and skills"
>Bolvar glances at Tulsidas and flexes.
>Autumn punches Bolvar.
>Bolvar adjusts his footing and prepares to dodge.
>Tulsidas says, "one is combat... the other is teh rewards of combat. stay focused child.. stay focused."
>Tulsidas rubs Bolvar.
>Bolvar may participate in this meeting as a ghostly spirit.
>Bolvar groans.
>Tulsidas says, "few at first"
>Tulsidas says, "dagger needs crits for theif and healer"
>Tulsidas says, "short sword crits to necro and wiz"
>Tulsidas says, "broad to paladin and barb"
>Tulsidas says, "greatsword I mean"
>Autumn asks, "Staran, can you elaborate a bit about what you meant when it came to skill not really mattering?"
>Chrysagon says, "i like broads"
>Clauddvon leans on Dayerin seeming to rest against them for a few moments.
>Bolvar snickers.
>Tulsidas says, "crossbow and bows to thief and ranger"
>Tulsidas says, "I could go on and on... please."
>Exxy asks, "So what I'm hearing is that a giant variety of weapons is nice because it gives people the opportunity to be uniquely skilled and talented in a way that's fun for them. But currently, being skilled in one weapon versus another doesn't feel very different and the skill ranking itself doesn't seem to influence combat much. That the summary there?"
>Staran says, "well, it seems that my base damage/to hit rating/etc at my level, is good enough to just pick up any weapon"
Tulsidas says, "we just gotta start"
>Tulsidas says, "by ... stopping everything we used to do and fix simple first."
>Bolvar nods at Exxy.
>Staran says, "and yes exxy, that seems a pretty fair statement"
>Clauddvon asks, "Do you have a new system of combat mechanics already in mind?"
>Exxy asks, "Anyone disagree with my summary at all or is that a pretty universal opinion?"
>Clauddvon gazes at Exxy.
>Bolvar says, "I agree."
>Exxy says, "I've had 13 years of ideas come and go"
>Tulsidas nods.
>Tulsidas says, "sure"
>Clauddvon says, "More than that. I have emails from 2001."
>Clauddvon laughs.
>Exxy says, "Yeah but the original combat rewrite was slated for 2004"
>Exxy hums to himself.
>Clauddvon nods.
>Staran says, "i'd almost like to see new skills added, for groups of similar weapons"
>Staran says, "swords, blunts, etc"
>Tulsidas asks, "they went with what implementation?"
>Clauddvon says, "I love DR honestly...the system they use, if replicable, is great."
Staran says, "the higher that skill, the better your to-hit chances are with any of them"
>Exxy says, "So same variety of weapons, but fewer skills that are specific to weapon types"
>Clauddvon says, "Doesn't have to be DR, but dr'esque."
>Staran says, "but, higher skill in the specific weapon coulld maybe influence the damage ability"
>The black diamond dragon resting on Clauddvon's shoulder suddenly comes to life and wiggles its way down his body to curl around his leg where it grows still.
>Chrysagon nods at Clauddvon.
>Exxy says, "While we're talking about weapons, one thing we absolutely have to do, one method or another, is add requirements to gear (both weapons and armor)."
>Bolvar asks, "What sort of requirements?"
>Exxy says, "The problem with our current gear system is that there's nothing preventing a level 100-appropriate weapon to wind up in a level 1 player's hands."
>Tulsidas blinks.
>Exxy says, "Which means we can't make really awesome weapons and armor that just destroy lower-level stuff"
>Tulsidas says, "far from our first problem"
>Staran says, "diablo 3 style"
>Tulsidas asks, "which is what?"
>Clauddvon gets a black bomb from inside his pack.
>Exxy says, "Or any MMO style... there's a reason they all use a level/skill-type requirement on gear."
>Clauddvon puts a black bomb in a leather shoulder pack.
>Staran says, "better the stats, higher the level to equip it, basically"
>Exxy says, "I tried to work around it with the weapons from the fortress (like the greatthorn) by making it really hard to get in and items that bind to players as they're acquired."
>Staran says, "a level 1 can use plate armor and a greatsword.. prob just crappy ones"
>The black diamond dragon curled around Clauddvon's leg suddenly comes to life and travels up his body until it wraps itself around his waist, poised to strike at anything that moves.
>Exxy says, "But in reality, we need a system that can scale with monster difficulty"
>Tulsidas says, "sliding scale of defensive protection, from negative to positive, based upon age and trains"
>Exxy says, "And outside of PvE combat, this is also highly applicable to PvP where you could have a level 10 guy with super gear he shouldn't have yet just whoop your sorry level 100 a**."
>
* Destroyer Llanos Baloth joins the adventure.
Your mind hears Bolvar thinking, "There he is."
Bolvar seems to be focusing intently on a swirling black-and-purple ensyiatite pendant.
>Your mind hears Chrysagon thinking, "ahoy there"
Chrysagon seems to be focusing intently on some gray ensyiatite horn sleeves that encase the entire horn.
>Your mind hears Tulsidas thinking, "indeed"
Tulsidas seems to be focusing intently on an ensyiatite ring bearing the Semanri city crest.
>The black diamond dragon around Chrysagon's waist suddenly comes to life and slides up his body to curl itself loosely around his neck.
>Autumn's golden ship glows softly for a moment.
>Autumn removes a small golden ship.
>Autumn puts a small golden ship in a small cloth bag smudged with charcoal.
>Your mind hears Llanos thinking, "hey fellas"
Tulsidas says, "give him that annotated version of the meeting so far."
>Exxy says, "It's one of the reasons combat never got super exciting in Eaxia -- and it was too costly to the playerbase to throw out all the existing gear people are attached to just to fix it."
>Tulsidas chuckles at Exxy.
The air ripples with the distortion of some magic and you notice Llanos appears, looking dazed and confused.
>Tulsidas says, "yes"
>Llanos smirks.
Tulsidas says, "I agree"
>Bolvar playfully punches Llanos in the arm.
>Llanos grins at Bolvar.
>Chrysagon nods in agreement.
>Chrysagon waves to Llanos.
>Llanos turns to Chrysagon and offers a hand salute.
>Llanos says, "good to see ya buddy"
>Autumn waves to Llanos.
>Exxy says, "Will catch you up, Llanos... we're talking about gear diversity as it applies to combat and how Eaxia's current combat system is stale in the sense that most weapons feel very similar and even higher skill levels don't seem very influential."
>Chrysagon says, "likewise"
>The black diamond dragon around Dayerin's neck suddenly comes to life and slithers up and around her shoulder to rest on her upper arm.
Tulsidas says, "but gear/weapon perks should be easy to bring forwar with just us feew."
>Tulsidas says, "few"
>Llanos pokes at a spiked and blackened skullcrusher.
>Llanos says, "i agree"
>Llanos grins.
>Exxy says, "The proposed solution is to make gear follow the same model that many MMOs and other games do by having progressively better gear come with level or skill requirements to use so that they can be statted appropriately."
>Tulsidas says, "just start over.... this is all decoration for an age gone by."
>Tulsidas taps some solid draconian platemail scorched from intense heat.
Exxy pokes Tulsidas's belly.
>The black diamond dragon around Clauddvon's waist suddenly comes to life and slides up his body to curl itself loosely around his neck.
>Tulsidas says, "no... really..."
>Bolvar says, "I wouldn't be opposed to that, but I'm sure a lot of people would be."
>Tulsidas says, "out side the city is misty stretching in all directions.. as far as you travel."
>Llanos says, "and honestly i was just stoping in to see everyone, bit busy today. just wanted to make it known that i love the little community that we have here and will be a fan till the end."
>Exxy says, "Essentially, yes -- when we throw away the existing combat system and start over, we're also talking about changing how gear and spells work too, not just for the sake of balance, but because there's really no way to adapt it forward (one reason we never did it)."
>Tulsidas says, "things are changin"
>The black diamond dragon around Clauddvon's waist suddenly comes to life and slides up his body to curl itself loosely around his neck.
>Clauddvon says, "I wouldn't be either, but I don't think it applies to the fluff. Anything with stats, sure."
>Autumn says, "Losing gear isn't such a huge deal, it's losing the custom stuff you had made back in fundraiser days, or that you've had altered, etc. That's what people will care about, I think."
Exxy grins at Llanos.
>Chrysagon smiles at Llanos.
Exxy says, "Fine, fine, Llanos.. we'll catch you later then"
>Llanos turns to Exxy and offers a hand salute.
>Llanos says, "appreciate it"
>Llanos says, "have fun guys"
>Exxy says, "Yeah we're not talking about non-gear items. Clothing, trinkets, and what-have."
>Autumn says, "Llanos - I'm logging, so it will be posted somewhere at some point."
>Tulsidas says, "there are 8 of us here"
>Tulsidas blinks.
>Tulsidas blinks.
>Tulsidas blinks.
>The black diamond dragon around Chrysagon's neck suddenly comes to life and slithers up and around his shoulder to rest on his upper arm.
>Tulsidas says, "we work.. you customize as we go."
>Llanos performs a crisp hand salute.
>Destroyer Llanos just left.

* Destroyer Llanos Baloth returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
>Tulsidas leans on Autumn.
>Autumn says, "Seven, my player character doesn't count."
>Chrysagon says, "lets see how many of us can fit on a recliner"
>Autumn grins at Tulsidas.
>Tulsidas says, "the old is gone"
>Tulsidas says, "long live the new"
>Tulsidas laughs.
>Staran says, "i like the idea of the scaling gears, level requirements, etc"
>Tulsidas pushes Chrysagon a little.
>Exxy says, "Okay so Tulsidas has clearly gone senile over the years."
>Tulsidas nods at Staran.
>Staran says, "one game i play, it drops random gears, but it's also based on your level"
Bolvar grins.
Tulsidas says, "indeed"
>Staran says, "so, a low level wont drop a high level gear"
>Autumn nods at Staran.
>Staran says, "it's always within a certain range"
>Tulsidas says, "I can wear it.. but it penalizes me until i'm trained..."
>Exxy says, "On the one hand, you will have items you fall in love with that are awesome as you're leveling up and then are sad that you can't use them past a certain level range."
>Tulsidas says, "hang them on your wall"
>Exxy says, "On the other hand, there's little room to be bored with weapon progression and finding the next best thing as you continue to improve"
>Staran says, "that's the fun of it though, keeps things changing"
>Exxy nods at Staran.
>Staran says, "as i mentioned d3 earlier.. same thing though.. sometimes find that weapon that's got great stats, hard to part with"
>Staran says, "but you have to eventually, cause you outlevel it too much"
>Tulsidas says, "wait. please. breath....."
>Exxy says, "I'm a big Diablo III, Torchlight 2, Division, etc. fan where you have incremental loot progression at the core."
>Tulsidas says, "a working blacksmith or wizard can bring about changes to weapons."
>Clauddvon says, "Yeah, the Diablo model is great. You find what's suitable for you as you progress...and you get rid of it when you find better."
>Autumn says, "One think we may have to do if we do a system like that is make a way to copy descripts over to new weapons."
>The black diamond dragon resting on Dayerin's shoulder suddenly comes to life and wiggles its way down her body to curl around her leg where it grows still.
>Tulsidas says, "we just need those skilled enough to make those changes."
>Autumn says, "Like how Diablo has their skin thinger you can use."
>Staran says, "also on the topic of finding new gear.. i think is finding what to do with getting rid of it all"
>The black diamond dragon curled around Dayerin's leg suddenly comes to life and travels up her body until it wraps itself around her waist, poised to strike at anything that moves.
>Staran says, "cause there's no need to overstuff the box, i dont think"
>Exxy says, "Not only that, but your loot also helps define -how- you play your character with stats and unique properties (talents, spells, effects, etc.) that are better suited for one type of gameplay or another."
>Tulsidas asks, "wait... Diablo text based?"
>Exxy says, "So one set of gear may be used for one style and another set of gear may be used for another. It diversifies how people can build even with a limited number of classes and abilities."
>Exxy grins at Tulsidas.
>Exxy says, "We're talking about how gear-chasing can make the leveling and combat experience exciting (or at least rewarding)"
>Tulsidas says, "stop... we need weapons to fight rats.. in the sewers of this city... That is all."
>Tulsidas says, "we can work on everything else as we go. clean slate."
>Clauddvon says, "Set gear is also nice. ;)"
>Exxy says, "Okay, so I'll build a subsystem for Tulsidas that only drops sticks for his rat-infested sewer."
>Clauddvon says, "Like...Diablo"
>Exxy grins.
>Clauddvon says, "Like WoW"
>Tulsidas nods.
>Autumn grins at Exxy.
>Tulsidas says, "yes"
>
* Sivitri Dantalion joins the adventure.
Autumn says, "I don't see why sets couldn't be a thing."
Tulsidas says, "and I shall master that stick.. and sharpen it."
>Tulsidas grins.
>Bolvar says, "And eventually remove it from your bum."
>Chrysagon says, "pointy stick"
Bolvar nudges Tulsidas.
Tulsidas says, "Master Rat slayer..."
>Clauddvon says, "Like in Diablo...you have to find it though."
>Clauddvon says, "Can't buy it."
>Exxy says, "Different playstyles does lead me to something else I like that I'd want to see implemented going forward"
>Staran says, "it'd be nice for sure, having an actual point to go out fighting, once you're max level,e tc"
>Exxy says, "And that is the optional group play dynamic (or sub-optional when going after elite or boss-type encounters)"
>Clauddvon says, ""Max" level shouldn't exist...at least not for a long while."
Tulsidas says, "All I am saying is stop with the elaborate. Let us just get started."
>Clauddvon says, "And if anyone's already max level, that should be re-done."
>Tulsidas says, "simply start simple."
>Clauddvon says, "imho"
>Exxy says, "I'd like to see warriors doing some tanking and interferance for your damage-dealers."
>Exxy says, "You don't really see any group play in Eaxia.. minus the occassional healer buddy in tow."
>Sivitri just arrived.
>Sivitri puts a forest green crystal fragment in some black satin robes.
>Bolvar nods.
>Autumn says, "We have to get elaborate, because things need to be programmed with some type of end goal in mind, otherwise you end up with something messy that ends up broken."
>Autumn grins at Tulsidas.
>Tulsidas says, "I have ideas to build group play."
>Staran says, "add things, like the ability to Guard a player"
>Clauddvon nods at Staran.
Tulsidas says, "require it in some areas"
>Clauddvon says, "DR'esque"
>Chrysagon says, "well the learning in group was always a problem"
>Bolvar nods in agreement.
>Exxy says, "We're not setting anything in stone here today, Tulsidas.. don't you worry. But I do want to get a strong sense of what will and won't work for us."
>Exxy says, "I'm talking about a lot of heavy development and I need to make sure time put into the game is time appreciated."
>Tulsidas says, "scalable works"
>Clauddvon says, "Tulsidas, what you sound like you want is something today...but today will be gone and if there isn't something long term...tomorrow, we're back to where we used to be."
>Clauddvon says, "Better to plan first, than jump in so we can kill shipyard rats."
>Sivitri says, "Sorry I'm late ... by seven years or so."
>Bolvar grins at Sivitri.
>Exxy grins at Sivitri.
>Tulsidas says, "enchantments, breakable, critical weighting at the blacksmith..."
>Tulsidas says, "that matters."
>Staran says, "in regards to scaling.. keep that in mind for other things, such as monsters, magic skills, etc"
>Tulsidas says, "if breakable.. fixable."
>Tulsidas says, "at a cost."
>Exxy says, "Indeed. Magic needs to be thrown out and rewritten, too. It needs to be modular so NPCs can use spells like player can.. that way they'll all scale correctly."
>Staran says, "if you sent scaling level invasion monsters, it'd allow most anyone to participate, instead of just high levels"
>Tulsidas says, "yesh"
>Tulsidas beams at Staran.
>Tulsidas says, "that is a lot of code"
>Staran says, "magic could have a base damage, plus a %% based on skill, or something"
>The black diamond dragon resting on Chrysagon's shoulder suddenly comes to life and wiggles its way down his body to curl around his leg where it grows still.
>Tulsidas says, "don't get me started on magic... or the lack there of"
>Tulsidas mumbles something rather rude.
>Clauddvon scratches his head with a bemused expression on his face.
>Clauddvon asks, "Am I wrong or has Eaxia not been in development for ages?"
>Clauddvon chuckles.
>Tulsidas chuckles.
>Clauddvon says, "I think the meeting for today is to get a way forward."
>Tulsidas says, "we are picking up the pace here lately"
>Clauddvon says, "Iron out what player base wants, get some direction."
>Tulsidas says, "combat"
>Autumn nods at Clauddvon.
>Chrysagon nods.
>Autumn says, "We're trying to make plans for the future, so we have some directions to go in."
>Exxy says, "It hasn't had any significant development for about 7 years. There were minor updates and minor areas between 2009-2010, and then it went 'unsupported' status in 2012."
>Tulsidas says, "put the lands in fog... rats in the sewers and sticks laying around"
>Exxy says, "The cycle was: fewer people were around to enjoy the updates, so fewer updates were published, which led to lower population, which meant fewer people etc."
>Tulsidas says, "balance sticks in the hands of apprentice tradesmen.. us, as our skills advance, weighted according to our trade craft"
>Tulsidas says, "only sticks."
>Tulsidas says, "then sharp sticks"
>Tulsidas says, "stones, slings, bows"
>The spider on Bolvar's knapsack skitters over to a tiny tear in the webbing and begins mending it.
>Exxy says, "Then nabosol greatthorns."
>Staran asks, "I do have to ask.. beyond developement, is there any thoughts on how to actually get new people to show up?"
>Exxy says, ".. of mighty cleaving."
>Tulsidas says, "we have time.. it has taken us 15 years to get here."
>Tulsidas says, "first.. Staran. Combat."
>The black diamond dragon curled around Chrysagon's leg suddenly comes to life and travels up his body until it wraps itself around his waist, poised to strike at anything that moves.
>Tulsidas says, "as promised so long ago"
>The spider atop Bolvar's knapsack shimmies down a silken string to the bottom and races to a bug caught on its sticky surface. It wraps the intruder in a cocoon of web to save it for a snack later.
>Tulsidas winks at Exxy.
>Tulsidas says, "build it, they will come"
>Tulsidas asks, "did someone else say that already?"
>Clauddvon says, "If you build it...they will come"
>Tulsidas says, "or am I drunk agin"
>Clauddvon says, "If it's worth coming"
>Exxy says, "I'll be the first to say that I'm not a marketing guy. And beyond maintaining hardware and hosting, I'm not really putting a budget up to pay for advertising and marketing. Someone else can do that if they want, when it's appropriate to do so. Right now, we have a game that's not super interesting to play because combat is awkward, dull, and unrewarding."
>Clauddvon says, "Not only combat...the environment."
>Tulsidas says, "but we can change That Exxy."
>Exxy says, "There's plenty of things I want to do.. old ideas, new ideas... but until that major, core system is rebuilt and settled, we don't have a great game to throw at people."
>Tulsidas says, "stop."
>Exxy says, "So that's the first step"
>Tulsidas says, "stop with ALL that is wrong."
>Tulsidas says, "first combat"
>Clauddvon laughs at Tulsidas.
Tulsidas says, "sticks"
>Tulsidas says, "we will get to spell, environment... blah, blah, blah"
>Tulsidas says, "later"
>Clauddvon pats Tulsidas on the back.
>Autumn asks, "Claud, what do you mean about the enviroment?"
>Clauddvon says, "I mean outside of combat. Things to do, interact with, etc., It's been forever since I've been here so I'm not sure what's even here anymore. But I remember when I used to play basically sitting either in our mansion or in some spot in the center of town."
>Autumn says, "Got ya. We can circle back to that in a bit."
>Staran says, "let us steal from shops, problem solved lol"
>Autumn grins at Staran.
>Staran says, "wait, we cant do that here, right? been so long"
>Exxy shakes his head at Staran.
>Exxy grins.
>Staran says, "it's all i did when i tried out the dr thing for a bit"
>Autumn grins at Staran.
>Chrysagon nods at Staran.
>Tulsidas's folds his arms across his chest.
>Staran says, "my level 10 guy with like 250 stealing"
>Exxy pats Tulsidas on the back.
>Tulsidas smiles.
>l[Out Of Character Zone, Lounge]
White marble walls line this huge room while lighting fixtures cast a pleasing illuminance from above. Soft, black leather couches and recliners are lined around the room in a stylish arrangement, each situated near a small marble corner table. A winding staircase paves a path into the darkness below, built from solid granite and serving as the only exit back to the fantasy world.
Other life here: none.
You also see: a Castles game board.
You are inside.
Also here: Sivitri, Canned Beef Chrysagon, Natural Priestess Dayerin, The Eternally Lost Clauddvon, War Lord Staran, Disregardable Bolvar, Magical GameDirector Autumn who is sitting, Living Legend Tulsidas who is sitting on a soft, black leather recliner, and GameMaster Exxy who is sitting on a soft, black leather recliner.
Obvious exits: down.
>Exxy says, "Okay... so.. back on target."
>Tulsidas nods.
>Autumn hums.
Exxy says, "We are going to toss out combat. Toss out weapons and armor (gear). Toss out NPCs. Toss out spells. Toss out all forms of enchantments."
>Bolvar grins.
>Exxy says, "Skills too (only combat skills)."
>Tulsidas says, "sounds about right"
>Exxy asks, "Does it make sense while doing this to keep everyone's level or should people start over at level 1?"
>Chrysagon says, "so i should teach some combat while i can"
>Exxy says, "I think that's going to be a touchy subject for many."
>Clauddvon says, "Restart"
>Bolvar nods.
>Tulsidas says, "well.. some recognition"
>The black diamond dragon around Clauddvon's neck suddenly comes to life and slithers up and around his shoulder to rest on his upper arm.
>Tulsidas says, "for time served"
>Clauddvon says, "Someone level 100 or whatever means nothing if the new system for getting there is totally different."
Bolvar says, "Maybe some minor perks for the higher level people, such as titles."
Tulsidas blinks.
>Bolvar says, "But I'm totally okay with a clean slate."
>Clauddvon says, "Time served is irrelivant."
>Clauddvon shrugs.
>Staran says, "i cant lie, losing my weapons i can deal with, skills will be tough.. but in the end, we do what needs to be done"
>Tulsidas says, "a badge"
Exxy says, "Something other MUDs have done for a long time is a system called 'immort' where once you reach max level, you can restart with some permanent bonuses (immortalizing yourself)."
>Clauddvon says, "We all served years"
>Tulsidas says, "yes"
>Clauddvon says, "And "paid our dues""
Tulsidas says, "we all did"
>The black diamond dragon resting on Clauddvon's shoulder suddenly comes to life and wiggles its way down his body to curl around his leg where it grows still.
>Clauddvon says, "Maybe give all the old players some identification that lets it be known they're from the old times...beyond that, ego doesn't need fed anymore than that."
>Clauddvon says, "Take it all, start over"
>Tulsidas leans on Clauddvon.
>Tulsidas says, "nice.. I like that"
>Exxy says, "It's a system that I'd been toying with for PlaneStrike (if that ever gets off the ground). In PlaneStrike, we were (are? hard to say) going to have a series of short games, 3-4 months or so in duration and at the end, everything was wiped to start at a fresh state. It was going to be a survival, world-building game with a lot of randomly-generated areas."
>Exxy says, "To that effect, every time a game ended, we would take scores and roll bonuses that could be used to buy permanent perks for each new game. After a year or two of games, people could be really powerful."
>Exxy says, "I'm not suggesting we take that idea here, but I do like the idea of players choosing to immort if people like it."
>Bolvar nods.
>Clauddvon nods.
>Clauddvon says, "By the way...something that I remember doing...which was silly, but it was fun (and sometimes rewarding), was that digging thing you had going on."
Staran says, "well, training different weapons was always my fun, so will be hard to see it all go away"
>Clauddvon nods.
>Clauddvon says, "Was original."
>Exxy asks, "Would an immort system be fair if it were leveraged to give players reset back to level 1 (because of a combat rewrite) a head start toward building back up?"
>Staran says, "but again, depending on what system you end up making, it might not make sense for people to start with high ranks"
>Tulsidas says, "yes sir"
>Bolvar says, "Carrots."
>Exxy says, "That digging thing. Oh man... that was alpha."
>Autumn facepalms.
>Bolvar grins at Autumn.
>Exxy says, "And all you could do was dig out pre-build rooms that I had arranged and collect the random gems that you got."
>The black diamond dragon around Dayerin's waist suddenly comes to life and slides up her body to curl itself loosely around her neck.
Exxy chuckles.
>Exxy says, "But that's how we introduced the first area, before Semanri was a thing."
>Clauddvon says, "I'm only level 68 atm, but I've not played in 10 years...I'll happily give away my 68 levels and get nothing in return to have a fully operable new system. You make things work right, people won't care to start over....getting there is 99% of the fun. Once you get there, it's pretty boring."
>Clauddvon nods at Exxy.
>Exxy says, "Well another thing we could do, which I don't want to, but I should put it on the table in case I'm the odd man out:"
>Exxy says, "We can run two copies of the game world. Eaxia and Eaxia 2. Copy the data over and anyone who was fine with things the way they were can play the old game."
>Tulsidas says, "having training points and having an idea of weighting would allow one to place those training points in a strategically advantageous place."
>Exxy says, "But fragmentation in a very small player base isn't a wise thing, I can't imagine. And those people who really love the old ways would be playing right now if they did (and nobody is)."
>Tulsidas says, "but we could build on it.."
>Bolvar says, "I say burn it down and rebuild cold-turkey."
>Tulsidas says, "with other changes"
>Exxy grins at Bolvar.
>Clauddvon says, "And those people who really love the old ways would probably be playing alone in Eaxia 2."
>Clauddvon grins.
>Staran says, "if resetting levels is your decision, then no sense running 2 copies of the game"
>Autumn says, "I'm with Bolvar."
>Autumn hums.
>Staran says, "just so we can log in and look at our xp"
>Clauddvon nods at Staran.
>Clauddvon says, "And pat ourselves on the back."
>Clauddvon chuckles.
Exxy says, "I didn't think so, but I wanted to put it out there since it's a cheap solution. Doesn't cost me anything to run another instance."
>Exxy says, "Fast hardware is cheap as balls these days."
>Exxy says, "As balls."
>Bolvar grins.
>Staran says, "i do like looking at my xp though, it's fun"
>Tulsidas asks, "whose balls?"
>Clauddvon chuckles at Dayerin.
Exxy says, "Give me one moment, BRB -- sorry"
>Clauddvon says, "He said balls."
>The black diamond dragon around Dayerin's neck suddenly comes to life and slithers up and around her shoulder to rest on her upper arm.
Clauddvon points at Exxy.
>Autumn says, "He did say balls."
>Bolvar says, "I'm glad someone had the balls to say it."
>Autumn says, "He's letting our contractor out, it'll be a minute or three."
>Autumn cackles at Bolvar.
>Chrysagon snickers.
>The spider atop Bolvar's knapsack shimmies down a silken string to the bottom and races to a bug caught on its sticky surface. It wraps the intruder in a cocoon of web to save it for a snack later.
>Autumn says, "I'm the type of person who absolutly hates starting all over."
>Autumn says, "But.. it's better than this broke a** combat system we have now."
>Autumn grins.
>Autumn says, "At least in my opinion..."
>Clauddvon says, "Same. But what are ya gonna do."
>Tulsidas asks, "do you combat?"
>Tulsidas asks, "do you even combat?"
>Clauddvon asks, "Who?"
>Autumn points at you.
>Autumn says, "113."
>Autumn grins.
>Tulsidas says, "ahhh"
>Bolvar says, "I could take her."
>Tulsidas asks, "where?"
>punch bolvarYou playfully punch Bolvar in the arm.
>Bolvar ducks.
>'I'll murder your face, dude.You say, "I'll murder your face, dude."
>'We've done that dance before.Bolvar scoffs.
You say, "We've done that dance before."
>grin bolvYou grin at Bolvar.
>Bolvar says, "It'd be an improvement."
>Clauddvon says, "If I still had my old weapons, most of you'd be dead here in a single wave of my weapon."
>Clauddvon snickers.
>The black diamond dragon around Chrysagon's waist suddenly comes to life and slides up his body to curl itself loosely around his neck.
>Clauddvon says, "Wouldn't even have to hit you with it."
>Staran says, "doubt it, not these days"
>Clauddvon says, "Alas, those days are gone."
White marble walls line this huge room while lighting fixtures cast a pleasing illuminance from above. Soft, black leather couches and recliners are lined around the room in a stylish arrangement, each situated near a small marble corner table. A winding staircase paves a path into the darkness below, built from solid granite and serving as the only exit back to the fantasy world.
You are inside.
Also here: Sivitri, Canned Beef Chrysagon, Natural Priestess Dayerin, The Eternally Lost Clauddvon, War Lord Staran, Disregardable Bolvar, Magical GameDirector Autumn who is sitting, Living Legend Tulsidas who is sitting on a soft, black leather recliner, and GameMaster Exxy who is sitting on a soft, black leather recliner.
You are inside.
You are inside.
You are inside.
>Clauddvon says, "Yeah, all those things are long gone."
Tulsidas says, "and these are about gone"
>Autumn grins.
>Clauddvon sighs.
>Bolvar pats a nabasol greatthorn.
>Tulsidas gets a nabasol greatthorn from inside his sheath.
>Tulsidas gets a nabasol greatthorn from inside his sheath.
>Tulsidas exclaims, "hah.. I have two!"
>Bolvar says, "Not gonna lie, I'll enjoy not having to wear two visors."
>Bolvar taps a viin'tau visor.
>Autumn says, "It's hard for me to drive combat rewrite conversation because I'm not the coder."
>Autumn grins.
>Staran taps a bone-handled steel pick with a battle-worn grip.
>Tulsidas says, "or two draconiam platemail"
>Staran says, "my favorite, before the greatthron"
Tulsidas taps some solid draconian platemail scorched from intense heat.
>Bolvar grins.
>Tulsidas taps some solid draconian platemail scorched from intense heat.
>Autumn chortles quietly.
>Tulsidas says, "as you can see.. I am wearing two"
>Clauddvon says, "I don't ant anything to happen to our Mansion, though."
Tulsidas says, "and a corpse or two also"
>Clauddvon winks at Autumn.
>Tulsidas rubs the corpse of a black rat.
>Chrysagon takes a sip of his strawberry daiquiri.
Bolvar gets a rotten fish head from inside his robe.
>Bolvar sniffs a rotten fish head.
>Clauddvon says, "Surprised it's still here."
>Bolvar offers his fish head to Chrysagon.
>Sivitri asks, "Combat aside, what other ideas are being tossed about?"
>Tulsidas rubs the corpse of a Draconian warrior.
>Autumn grins at Clauddvon.
>Tulsidas says, "yeah..but I am wearing mine"
>Tulsidas leans on Bolvar.
>Autumn says, "Nothing will happen to your house."
>Chrysagon says, "oops"
>Clauddvon says, "Just have to remember all the secret passages again...it'll be fun."
>Bolvar offers his fish head to Chrysagon.
>Clauddvon chuckles.
>Chrysagon says, "i just ate"
>Bolvar scoffs.
>Bolvar says, "None sense, you're a growing minotaur."
>Chrysagon chuckles at Bolvar.
>Tulsidas says, "magics that affect the group"
>Sivitri says, "Don't have one. I have, and I'm sure other people do as well, specialty items they've had made over the years. As a perk to re-rolling into a new instance, I'd suggest creating legacy items for those special few items"
>Tulsidas says, "strong magics"
>Tulsidas says, "magical places"
>Autumn hums.
>Tulsidas says, "magical things"
>Autumn asks, "Anything else you guys want to see in terms of combat stuffs?"
>Tulsidas says, "invasions when the magics are weak"
>Bolvar ponders.
>Autumn says, "More.. core type stuffs."
>Bolvar says, "Other than a wide variety of viable weapons, I got nothing."
>Clauddvon says, "Lots of different hunting areas (if they don't already exist)...of varying skill ranges."
>Clauddvon says, "Enough that people aren't crowding each other."
>Bolvar rises to his full height, trying his best to manage his most intimidating appearance, posturing for his audience.
>Staran says, "yeah, i think that will solve half the problem.. wider variety of usable equipment"
>Tulsidas says, "we never crowd"
>Autumn says, "We do need to spread out some hunting areas, I think. At the higher ends, there's like.. one critter for a particular level range."
>Bolvar says, "Options are nice."
>Clauddvon says, "I liked, in DR, the vastness of the world."
Tulsidas says, "but if we had spells that worked the crowd that would be nice"
>Autumn says, "That's a ton of writing, though."
>A large spider gazes around intently from atop Bolvar's knapsack for a moment before crawling across it and settling down in a new location.
>Clauddvon nods.
>Clauddvon says, "Starts small, build on it. Grow little by little. It's how DR did it."
>Bolvar says, "I'm a programmer, kind of sort of."
Autumn says, "I have a very low room writing tolerance."
>Autumn grins.
>Bolvar raises his hand.
>Bolvar says, "Give me a month or two and I can volunteer for some of the grunt work."
>Staran asks, "depending on how exactly the new combat system is build, would it be so bad that some players already have more skill than others in things?"
>Autumn asks, "The area I'm working on now, I think I managed ten rooms?"
>Staran says, "as is, there's some spots that maxed out, we still cant survive in for too long "
>Autumn says, "That's an Exxy question. I have absolutely no idea what he plans to do or how it will work."
>Clauddvon says, "I don't like the idea of any character having any advantage (skill wise) over anyone else. Either a full restart, or we just keep what we have."
>Clauddvon shrugs.
>Bolvar says, "I like the idea of dragging the bigger guys down to my level."
>Bolvar shakes his fist at Chrysagon!
>Chrysagon pinches Bolvar.
>Bolvar scoffs.
>Sivitri says, "I say everything start from stratch to rebuild, personally. No reason for adding new content and then having high levels who can't go through it."
>Clauddvon nods at Sivitri.
>Exxy says, "Okay, I'm back, sorry about that"
>The black diamond dragon resting on Dayerin's shoulder suddenly comes to life and wiggles its way down her body to curl around her leg where it grows still.
>Sivitri says, "I will miss my metrillium mace if we start from scratch though. Sadness."
>Exxy grins.
>Exxy says, "Existing gear won't just disappear, but it will be ornamental."
>Tulsidas says, "agreed"
>The black diamond dragon around Chrysagon's neck suddenly comes to life and slithers up and around his shoulder to rest on his upper arm.
>Clauddvon nods at Exxy.
>Tulsidas asks, "and new gear will be markedly different or just operational?"
>Staran says, "i was just asking while you were gone, exxy, on the importance of resetting skills, depending on your new combat system"
>Exxy asks, "Sure, what about it, Staran?"
>Tulsidas says, "yeah, I worked hard on my search"
>Tulsidas grins.
>Bolvar says, "I think he said he'd just reset weapon skills."
>Bolvar scratches his head with a bemused expression on his face.
>Staran says, "if it's a bad thing if some players are at different spots than new people, when the new system gets here"
Tulsidas says, "all new"
>Tulsidas says, "from scratch"
Exxy says, "Tulsidas the old gear may be converted to furniture items or something that can be put on display but not worn."
>Tulsidas blinks.
>Tulsidas narrows his eyes, shivering.
>Tulsidas says, "ok"
>Tulsidas asks, "but skills evaporate too, or no?"
>Clauddvon says, "fluff"
>Staran says, "again, if a reset is necessary, then that's whats needed.. but alot of people have spent countless hours training skills"
>Tulsidas says, "yeah that is nice fluff"
>Exxy says, "Well we're only talking about combat skills"
>Bolvar says, "I've also spent countless hours training my level."
>Bolvar says, "I'm good with a wipe."
>Exxy says, "Other skills that aren't relevant to combat will remain"
>Tulsidas says, "well we will have to"
>Tulsidas looks at Bolvar and blinks.
>Clauddvon ponders.
>Tulsidas says, "you always ruin it"
>Bolvar winks at Tulsidas.
>Exxy enjoys a good wipe, too.
>Bolvar cackles.
>Tulsidas says, "ok.. a good wipe it is"
>Tulsidas asks, "do I get to keep my house?"
>Sivitri asks, "I've already reset myself from a relatively high level, what's another one?"
>Tulsidas asks, "at least?"
>Staran says, "im totally willing to sacrifice bolvar, for the good of us all"
>The black diamond dragon curled around Dayerin's leg suddenly comes to life and travels up her body until it wraps itself around her waist, poised to strike at anything that moves.
>Bolvar snickers.
>Exxy says, "Of course"
>Exxy nods at Tulsidas.
>Staran says, "somehow, i think he'd like it"
>Tulsidas says, "the one in the mages cellar."
>Bolvar bumps his hip into Staran and winks.
>Exxy says, "We're not in the business of throwing away lore, rooms and areas, fluff items, non-combat skill development, player inventories, vaults or homes, etc. Just combat and things combat-related."
>Staran says, "well i'd be interested to hear more on your combat idea's, once you get them worked out a bit more, exxy"
>Tulsidas says, "that sounds great then"
>Staran says, "at that point, it should be clear what to do with our current level and skills"
>Tulsidas exclaims, "start with a stick, as I said!"
>Tulsidas says, "simple solution"
>Tulsidas grins.
>Tulsidas stands up.
Exxy asks, "And speaking of homes... originally, we implemented home expiration as a way to free up homes for new players for people who had long quit. But it's really done more harm than good. Maybe we should turn that system off..?"
>Tulsidas bows.
>Chrysagon's golden ship glows softly for a moment.
>Bolvar says, "I'm down with that."
>Tulsidas says, "agreed"
>Sivitri says, "I'd go ahead and let you wipe my current stuff completely, Exxy. I don't like fluff."
>Bolvar says, "You got the house hunters who are just out to steal the previous owner's items."
>Bolvar says, "Drives me nuts."
>Staran says, "yeah, turn that off.. one of my people lost their cabin "
>Exxy grins at Sivitri.
>Exxy says, "Look at this guy, all ready to beat new life into the game at ground zero"
>Clauddvon says, "I've lost 99% of my cool things already, so I'm fine with whatever."
>Clauddvon smiles.
>Tulsidas says, "I like flugg"
>Sivitri shrugs.
>Tulsidas says, "fluff"
day of adventuring.
GameDirector Autumn,
Exxy's do-everything girl.
GDAUTUMN
Eaxia Online senior staff

Re: Meeting Log - 4/29/16

Postby GDAUTUMN » May 4, 2016 (9:40 pm)

>Exxy exclaims, "We can make more cool things! We have the technology!"
>Tulsidas says, "ratehre"
>Tulsidas says, "one more beer"
>Tulsidas says, "plez"
>Sivitri says, "Just give me a new metrillium mace and I'm golden."
>Sivitri grins at Exxy.
Staran says, "ok, wife's home and wants to go find some food, so i need to go soon"
>Clauddvon says, "FESTS, AUCTIONS, ETC., ETC.,"
>Clauddvon smiles.
Tulsidas says, "I headed to Jungle Book with family"
>Exxy says, "Alright, enjoy your foraging and thanks for showing up the last hour... we will soldier on without you. With virtual cookies."
>Tulsidas asks, "next meeting?"
>Clauddvon says, "...like DR"
>Clauddvon grins.
>Tulsidas asks, "stick?"
>Staran says, "but last thing before i go, not related to combat.. incentives are always good, and titles seem to be a good/easy thing to do"
>Tulsidas puts a nabasol greatthorn in a leather arm sheath decorated with silver ivy.
>Tulsidas puts a nabasol greatthorn in a leather arm sheath decorated with silver ivy.
>Exxy says, "For Pete's sake (I can say that, legally), Tulsidas."
>Bolvar snickers.
>Tulsidas chuckles.
>Staran says, "tons of titles, for all different criteria"
>Autumn says, "More titles have been on my list for a while."
>The spider on Bolvar's knapsack works diligently at spinning fresh webbing to keep it sturdy.
>Staran says, "but ok, gotta go.. before she comes in to say.. i'm waiting to go eat, because you're playing a game? lol"
>Tulsidas waves.
>Tulsidas says, "me too"
>Exxy offers his god-forsaken stick to Tulsidas.
>Tulsidas accepts Exxy's offer.
>Staran says, "good seeing everyone, talk soon"
>Bolvar recites:

"Why are you playing this game? There's NO GRAPHICS"
Exxy grins at Staran.
>Tulsidas exclaims, "that is sweet!"
>Bolvar says, "I get that a lot."
>You hear the voice of Staran say, "finally, someone gave the guy a stick"
Tulsidas says, "thanks"
>Bolvar says, "See you guys."
>Tulsidas waves a simple god-forsaken stick around.
>Tulsidas says, "indeed"
>
* War Lord Staran Nazka returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
Tulsidas says, "one day you will be a complicated god-forsaken stick"
>Tulsidas beams!
>Living Legend Tulsidas just left.

* Living Legend Tulsidas T'saldaris returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
>Bolvar says, "Alright, now that we got them out of the way."
>Bolvar says, "Let's talk magni items."
>Exxy chortles quietly.
>Exxy says, "The LOOK on that stick was: It's just a stick. Come on... what do you want? It's a stick. It could be sharp, but... let's just keep it as a stick for now."
>Bolvar cackles.
Exxy says, "Hopefully it placates him."
>The black diamond dragon around Clauddvon's neck suddenly comes to life and slithers up and around his shoulder to rest on his upper arm.
>The black diamond dragon resting on Chrysagon's shoulder suddenly comes to life and wiggles its way down his body to curl around his leg where it grows still.
>Sivitri asks, "Fixing combat is good and all, it's a bit bastardized as is. What about making the game more user-friendly for new and/or returning players?"
>Exxy asks, "Example?"
>Exxy leans on Sivitri.
>Sivitri says, "Well ... it would likely be nearly more indepth a fix as combat itself. But having appraise show appropriate verbiage for the fragments, for instance. Took me thirty minutes to remember how to use one."
>Exxy chuckles.
>Bolvar asks, "So basically like a help system?"
>Sivitri says, "And that was by using three different websites."
>Exxy says, "We added WHATIS a while back as a useful verb that tries to detect and hint at what players can do with NPCs and objects."
>Chrysagon says, "like study to see its attributes"
>Chrysagon takes a good, long look at a decaying bandaged-wrapped arm.
>Bolvar grins.
>Bolvar says, "I like how WHATIS Chrysagon specifies that he's male."
>Autumn says, "I've been trying to put usage verbs on things I've made with the EXAM verb, but that's only newish things."
>Sivitri says, "Well, holy crap. Didn't know what that did."
>Chrysagon flexes.
>Bolvar puts a rotten fish head in a black shadowsilk robe embroidered with skulls.
>Autumn grins at Bolvar.
>Chrysagon takes a good, long look at some starfire chain.
>Sivitri says, "And I've yet to remember where to sell everything I've collected in the past few hours of playing"
>Exxy says, "DR has a FOCUS verb that gives generic information about various magical devices. It's not impossible for us to implement something similar for common magical items out there"
>The spider on Bolvar's knapsack skitters over to a tiny tear in the webbing and begins mending it.
>The black diamond dragon curled around Chrysagon's leg suddenly comes to life and travels up his body until it wraps itself around his waist, poised to strike at anything that moves.
>Exxy says, "Or is it ATTUNE... hmm.. God, it's been more than 15 years since I've been in DR."
>Clauddvon says, "Focus"
>Exxy says, "Anyway, we could easily patch together something that gave more information on magical items."
>Chrysagon says, "aye focus"
>Exxy asks, "But that was just one example.. was there a lot more that wasn't super intuitive?"
>Sivitri says, "There's that 'patch' word again"
>Exxy patches an update for Sivitri.
>Bolvar grins.
>Bolvar says, "Sounds like a guide would be a simple solution to these problems."
>Bolvar says, "Or a manual."
>Exxy says, "I'm really distracted by Tulsidas still."
>Bolvar says, "Something a player could write."
>Bolvar snickers.
>Exxy says, "I feel like at the next meeting, we ought to all have sticks and poke him with it when he arrives."
>Bolvar cackles.
>Chrysagon laughs.
>Bolvar says, "Give us all sharened sticks."
>Bolvar says, "He'll be left behind."
>Exxy says, "Oh man, that's too advanced. Slow down, start slow."
>Bolvar snickers.
>Chrysagon says, "just let em app like a greatthorn"
>Exxy pokes Dayerin's belly.
>Exxy says, "This one has been oddly quiet."
>Sivitri says, "In game materials that don't necessitate a secondary website to utilize would have a more immersive quality to it"
>Clauddvon says, "She's always been. That's why I've been with her for so long."
>Clauddvon grins.
>Clauddvon says, "Love that about her."
>Clauddvon says, "Talks when she has something to say and when she talks I know I should be listening."
Bolvar says, "So maybe an in-game tourists brochure."
>Exxy grins.
>Clauddvon says, "Plus...she's holding a baby, so can't really type."
>Clauddvon grins.
>Sivitri asks, "Is this new EO designed to be role-playing friendly, or just go on a murdering rampage friendly?"
>Autumn grins at Bolvar.
>Bolvar says, "I kind of like the second one."
Autumn pets a huge stick designed to beat the RP back into players.
>Bolvar says, "Role-playing wise, whenever I didn't know something I would consult other players."
>Exxy says, "It's always role-play friendly. We don't know how much we'll want to strictly enforce in-character behavior like we have in the past. Honestly, we don't have the staff to police that kind of stuff even if we wanted to (and we don't want to take from our precious few remaining players to add to staff just to babysit people)."
>A large spider gazes around intently from atop Bolvar's knapsack for a moment before crawling across it and settling down in a new location.
>Sivitri frowns.
Exxy says, "The three biggest combat milestones I want to see are the core combat rebuild (gear, ranged, PvP, NPCs, magic, skills, rebalancing, etc.), gear progression, and a dungeon delve... a pseudo-randomized dungeon that has virtually no lower limit, but the further down you go, the nastier monsters get and the better the rewards."
>Dayerin says, "maybe you could make it so players can report on people for ooc behavior and with enough reports the ooc player can be carted off to a looney bin for an hour or so for there odd behavior, no babysitting required."
>Exxy says, "I always wonder if people would abuse a system like that."
>Clauddvon asks, "You trying to get me carted off are you?"
>Sivitri says, "I'm not saying require anyone to roleplay ... there will always be those that don't want to."
>Autumn says, "Probably."
>Autumn grins at Exxy.
>Exxy says, "Like.. 'I don't like you broseph.. me and my homies are all gonna report you so the system auto-spanks you'."
>Autumn says, "I tend to be a pretty heavy RPer myself, but, like Sivitri said there are always those who don't want to."
>Exxy says, "I'm not good at the roleplays."
>Clauddvon says, "DR has an rp server."
>Clauddvon grins.
>Autumn says, "I think making like.. a don't be blantatly OOC rule may work better."
>Clauddvon says, "For hard core rp'ers"
>Exxy says, "I'm an engineer. Let me have my creative outlet and design systems.. that's what I do"
>Exxy grins.
>Sivitri says, "DR is a horribly inept game, from my experience."
>Clauddvon laughs at Sivitri.
>Clauddvon says, "You haven't played it much then."
>Clauddvon smiles.
>Clauddvon says, "Back in the day, DR was the bomb."
>Clauddvon says, "Not sure what it's like these days..."
>Sivitri says, "I couldn't stand anything about the game when I played."
>Sivitri shrugs.
>Chrysagon says, "well its different"
>Clauddvon says, "I still have my 110 level or so guy but I haven't played him in ages."
>Chrysagon says, "somewhat the same but "
>Clauddvon says, "Many good things about it."
>Clauddvon says, "But it changed."
>Chrysagon nods at Clauddvon.
>Clauddvon says, "Back in the AOL days it was great...then things changed with it also."
>Clauddvon says, "After the "great migration""
>Clauddvon says, "Anyway...neither here nor there."
>Clauddvon grins.
>Clauddvon says, "A lot of the game mechanics though, I think would suit Eaxia well."
>Dayerin says, "yeah and someone went crazy and starting killing people in Crossings..."
>Clauddvon says, "Is my main point"
>Clauddvon says, "Don't know what you're talking about."
>Exxy chortles quietly.
>Exxy says, "Evil bastard."
>The black diamond dragon around Dayerin's waist suddenly comes to life and slides up her body to curl itself loosely around her neck.
>Sivitri says, "Regardless, I think I've just been spoiled the last few years. The current GoC, every. single. item. has a LOOK and an indepth appraise with possible verbiage to make it useable. The rooms are all designed, each item listed in the room has a description, etc, etc."
>The spider on Bolvar's knapsack works diligently at spinning fresh webbing to keep it sturdy.
>Exxy asks, "GoC = ?"
>Sivitri says, "Game of choice"
>Exxy says, "Ahh"
>Clauddvon says, "Again, sounds like DR."
>Clauddvon grins at Sivitri.
>Exxy says, "Yeah sounds like it has a lot of polish on it"
>Exxy nods.
>Sivitri says, "Mechanics aren't the greatest, though, which is why I was interested in EO's grand re-opening."
>Exxy says, "Anyway, those are the ideas we have and the direction we want to go in.. it sounds like, to the people who managed to show up today, that everyone else also have the same ideas or is on the same page."
>Exxy says, "The million dollar question now is: will it happen? I think it's fair to say that I'm not going to dump all my time into a project that only a rather small handful of people will play with."
>Sivitri asks, "Oh, hey, while everyone is here, is there a command that lets you sell everything that associated shop buys at once?"
>Clauddvon nods.
>Clauddvon says, "And getting other people here isn't going to happen without that, so maybe catch 22"
>Bolvar nods.
>Exxy says, "If this appeals to a lot of people, let's absolutely do it, but if there's only a dozen people cheering me on, then maybe a different project would be rewarding for us."
>Exxy says, "Well, I mean... if you're going to try and use logic on me... pft"
>Autumn grins.
Clauddvon grins.
>Exxy says, "Nope, there isn't, Sivitri"
>Exxy says, "I sent out a mass e-mail to every single Eaxia account holder (although a good chunk bounced.. those are some old-a** accounts in there and nobody really updates their e-mail that often)."
>Sivitri says, "And not everyone uses Facebook."
>Exxy says, "I got three replies, a few hundred bounces, and one guy who said someone else used his e-mail to join so stop spamming him"
>Exxy chuckles.
>Clauddvon says, "I have my old email addresses forwarding to my main one, so I always get everything."
>Clauddvon grins.
>Bolvar says, "Well, if we're starting everything from scratch, chances are we'll be building up the player base from scratch as well."
>Clauddvon says, "I had to tell Daye because her email is always swimming in emails...hard to see anything through the spam."
>Clauddvon ducks behind Dayerin for protection.
>Clauddvon ducks behind Exxy for protection.
>Exxy says, "I'd like to see more bodies in here... even if the existing combat is dull and on its way out (maybe?) if we can shore up some excitement to play together and build forward, then this project will be more than worthwhile."
>Exxy looks at a gray claymore and cackles.
>Exxy cackles at Clauddvon.
>Exxy peers curiously at a metrillium claymore.
>Exxy says, "The heck"
>Bolvar snickers.
>Sivitri says, "Oh, more metrillium."
>Clauddvon says, "Oh, if I only had my old Assassin't bow back."
>Clauddvon winks.
>Chrysagon nods in agreement.
>Clauddvon cackles.
>Clauddvon says, "assassin's crossbow changed from doing 1d8+2 damage"
>Clauddvon whistles a few notes.
>Clauddvon says, "to 99d99+999 damage (critical threat"
>Clauddvon grins.
>Sivitri says, "I've got an assassin's recurved shortbow somewhere. Where ever we store stuff."
>Exxy chuckles.
>Clauddvon says, "That might have hurt"
>Chrysagon says, "vaults down at the square unless you still have a home perhaps"
>Exxy says, "We eventually patched combat so that weapons that dealt above a certain amount were immediately rejected from whatever combat verb you used."
>Clauddvon nods.
>Exxy says, "Mostly because of a few rogue GM's who wanted to do their own thing."
>Exxy says, "We should do weekly events to get the established community to come back on a regular basis and socialize. Play some Castles, have some RP events, maybe a few contests, alterations, homes, whatever."
>Exxy says, "Just some stuff to get people regularly coming through the front doors."
>Chrysagon says, "aye"
>Clauddvon says, "Some people weren't into the combat so combat rewrite wouldn't mean much to them."
>Exxy says, "It's just pretty important that we know up front if this is something where 10 people are standing behind us or 100."
>Chrysagon says, "we may have some late arrivals here, bose and michie"
>Exxy says, "No, but a higher playerbase consisting of people who combat does mean something to may matter to them. You can't RP with yourself.. I mean.. without being super creepy about it."
>Chrysagon says, "just ask bolvar"
>Autumn RPs with herself all of the time.
>Bolvar giggles to himself.
>Clauddvon says, "hehe. I rp with myself ALL the time...but you know I've alays been super creepy."
>Sivitri snickers.
>Clauddvon says, "And I'm OK with that."
>Clauddvon grins.
>Clauddvon says, "Always a happy ending."
>Autumn praises Clauddvon.
>Autumn cackles.
>Clauddvon asks, "So what do you need from those interested then?"
>Sivitri says, "I don't have nearly enough words for that."
>Clauddvon says, "Say Daye and I are interested in the possibility of some future in Eaxia. What's next."
>Exxy says, "Poke people into getting back in game... when they are in game, be social and try to do things rather than sitting around yapping or teaching."
>Clauddvon says, "Our time is very limited as it is so we can't spend endless hours like we used too."
>Clauddvon says, "5 boys now"
>Exxy says, "I'll put Autumn in charge of coming up with staff-sponsored events for giveouts, auctions, etc."
>Exxy grins at Autumn.
>Autumn says, "What"
>Sivitri says, "To be fair, I've never particularly cared for the combat systems in games. More RP for me to be happy."
>Exxy looks at Clauddvon and blinks.
>Clauddvon chuckles.
>Clauddvon asks, "How many did we have when you last knew?"
>Clauddvon says, "We have a 13, 10, 8, 2 and 1 month old."
>Clauddvon grins.
>Autumn gawks.
>Exxy says, "I knew you had 2."
>Clauddvon says, "As you can see, we BOTH like role play."
>Clauddvon hums.
>Exxy says, "Actually, I knew for SURE you had 1, but I -thought- I vaguely remembered a second."
>Autumn says, "Oh god."
>Dayerin says, "but it's super creepy."
>Clauddvon says, "Going on 18 years married."
>Clauddvon says, "Been a while"
>Exxy asks, "Congrats on that. Feel old yet?"
>Autumn says, "I feel old."
>Clauddvon says, "Met in DR."
>Clauddvon grins.
>Sivitri exclaims, "I've only been alive for twenty two years!"
>Exxy grins at Sivitri.
>Clauddvon says, "Nah, I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Keeps me young."
>Exxy says, "You were 7 when we launched Eaxia.. nice"
>Sivitri snorts.
>Natural Priestess Dayerin just left.

* Natural Priestess Dayerin Maud'divv has disconnected.
>Autumn snickers.
>Exxy says, "No children for us"
>Exxy grins at Autumn.
>Autumn says, "Ever."
>Exxy says, "Got ye olde snipperoo."
>Autumn says, "Pig is kid enough for 8 people."
>

Natural Priestess Dayerin just arrived.
>Exxy sighs.
>Exxy says, "Yes, yes.. she talked me into letting her have an indoor pet pig."
>Sivitri says, "But still ... combat is great, but if there isn't going to be some QoL improvements for the roleplayers in everyone, I'm not sure how long you'll keep those that come back."
>Exxy says, "Well we need to keep a list of requests and prioritize them"
>Clauddvon says, "Yikes. Huge lag"
>Exxy says, "We actually need to go through the FEEDBACK, SUGGEST, and BUG verbs and start knocking those out and make a new list"
>Exxy says, "Or TYPO, SUGGEST, and BUG, I mean"
>Sivitri says, "Request numero uno: Metrillium light mace for me for the new combat systems."
>Sivitri nods.
>Chrysagon ponders.
>Sivitri says, "Kidding, I still want a clean wipe."
>Exxy starts working on a metrillium stick.
>Clauddvon says, "I think the super cool things should still be obtainable though...that's what I enjoy most about these games."
>Chrysagon laughs a wicked, sinister laugh.
>Exxy says, "I dunno who introduced metrillium.. it never passed by my desk. People making up junk without me."
>Exxy grunts to himself.
>Clauddvon says, "The possibility of getting super rare things...1 of a kind or close."
>Sivitri says, "But there is a lot of things that could be so much cooler in EO"
>Sivitri looks at Exxy and blinks.
>Autumn says, "I make up all kinds of things without you all of the time."
>Autumn grins at Exxy.
>Sivitri asks, "Really?"
>Sivitri asks, "So no one has any lore behind metrillium?"
>Dayerin says, "so if you want something cool, ask Autumn.. got it"
>Exxy says, "Metrillium is from a meteor"
>Clauddvon says, "I'd like my Manjh'arat greataxe back."
>Chrysagon says, "aye crafted by a wandering dwarf merchant"
>Exxy says, "It's the same meteor that punched through the cricton hive, which introduced that hutning area."
>Exxy says, "*hunting"
>Sivitri asks, "What does metrillium look like? What type of attributes does it possess? Is it a deep fuliginous color, or a light gold?"
>Autumn says, "Yeah I do all of the items and the merchants and that kinda junk."
>Chrysagon says, "i may have a nugget on me"
>Exxy says, "It's a dark metal, like a scorched iron."
>Chrysagon rummages through a brown hip pouch labeled "Booze" for a moment.
>Clauddvon exclaims, "Xwielder!"
>Clauddvon says, "Sorry...just remembered someone I knew here once."
>Clauddvon chuckles.
>Exxy says, "We do have a native life database the staff can use.. a lot of this stuff is in there for the staff to stay consistent when designing stuff."
>Clauddvon says, "I have to say names when I remember them."
>Sivitri says, "Well that's reassuring"
>Sivitri grins at Exxy.
>Chrysagon says, "if i can remember where i stow it"
>Exxy chuckles.
>Sivitri asks, "About enchants ... are those going to be as prevalent as they are currently?"
>Clauddvon chuckles.
>Chrysagon gets a chunk of blue-green metal from inside his sporran.
>Chrysagon says, "ah yes"
>Sivitri says, "Rather, enchanted items."
>Chrysagon takes a good, long look at a chunk of blue-green metal.
>Exxy says, "Probably more so, and more diverse"
>Sivitri asks, "Well the pre and post titles of them remain the same?"
>Exxy says, "I like Diablo/Division/etc.-esque talents and special properties that are unique or at least semi-unique to a type of item."
>Sivitri asks, "Blocking blah blah of the bear and what not?"
>Exxy says, "That's more Diablo 2-ish.. easier to implement, but not as exciting as it could be."
>Clauddvon says, "I think you've always been creative enough on your own merits that, if the improved technology is (or can be) utilized, I think you already know what most of us would like to see."
>Dayerin gets a ruby-clasped gold silk alchemist's pouch from inside her backpack.
Clauddvon says, "And I am certian you could build to it. Just gotta get to it."
>Clauddvon grins.
>Dayerin opens a ruby-clasped gold silk alchemist's pouch.
>Dayerin closes a ruby-clasped gold silk alchemist's pouch.
>Dayerin puts a ruby-clasped gold silk alchemist's pouch in a deep leather backpack embossed with the crest of the Scholar's guild.
>Sivitri says, "My suggestion is to remove that, personally. I abhor having lengthy character descriptions (don't like fluff) and the of the bear, of midnight, etc, really gets in the way, I feel"
>Exxy says, "Well the attitude of "if you do it (right), the players will come" isn't as comforting as you may think"
>Exxy grins.
>Clauddvon says, "And I'm opposite. I love fluff...long descriptions, verbs, etc.,"
>Clauddvon grins at Sivitri.
>Clauddvon says, "Back when it was allowed in DR, I had 4 pages of scroll (fluff) I used to wear around."
>Clauddvon says, "And the more things that "move", the better."
>Dayerin gets a frosted blue opal clasped pouch from inside her backpack.
>Dayerin opens a frosted blue opal clasped pouch.
>Autumn says, "People still did that last I played."
>Sivitri says, "I would've quit the instant I saw that."
>Dayerin closes a frosted blue opal clasped pouch.
>Sivitri shakes his head.
Chrysagon says, "well we do up some chatter on fb, perk some interest perhaps"
>Bolvar pulls the hood of his cloak down, revealing his features.
>Bolvar leans on Chrysagon.
>Dayerin puts a frosted blue opal clasped pouch in a deep leather backpack embossed with the crest of the Scholar's guild.
Clauddvon says, "They limited it the last I checked."
>Clauddvon says, "To like 15 lines or something like that."
>Chrysagon flinches away from Bolvar.
>Sivitri stares blankly.
>Chrysagon says, "i can see your face now"
>Bolvar glances at Chrysagon and flexes.
>Sivitri says, "I get heavily annoyed if my description is over three lines."
>Bolvar says, "Please contain yourself."
>Exxy says, "Eh, to each their own"
>Autumn says, "Like I said earlier, it's been like 5 years or something since I played last."
>Sivitri nods.
>Clauddvon says, "I got heavily annoyed if my description is under 3 lines."
>Chrysagon says, "too late, i have soiled my armor"
>Exxy says, "It's a matter of customization in a graphics-less world."
>Clauddvon grins.
>Bolvar snickers.
>Bolvar says, "Rusty tin can."
>Dayerin gets a watered silk backpack embroidered with a rampant unicorn from inside her backpack.
>Autumn says, "We do have some fluff hiders."
>Autumn says, "They just make your descript one line and say that you can't tell what the person is wearing or some junk."
>Clauddvon says, "It's been a while for me too. I've been doing lots of Steam games until recently...now I'm back in WoW again."
>Bolvar says, "Fuzzy outline or something."
>Clauddvon says, "No Text Based Games atm."
Bolvar nods at Autumn.
>Exxy says, "For shame"
>Exxy says, "WoW"
>Exxy blanches.
>Clauddvon grins.
>Autumn says, "Trying to remember what merchant I stuck those in."
>Autumn grins.
>Bolvar pushes his cloak away from his hips, resting one of his hands on them.
>Bolvar winks.
>Natural Priestess Dayerin just left.

* Natural Priestess Dayerin Maud'divv has disconnected.
>Exxy asks, "She on WiFi?"
>Exxy babbles.
>

Natural Priestess Dayerin just arrived.
>Clauddvon says, "No, but we're both getting horrible lag for some reason."
>Clauddvon says, "And being booted."
>Exxy says, "Oi"
>Bolvar gets a black red-striped rat with a small leather collar from inside his knapsack.
>Sivitri says, "I haven't played an online multiplayer game since Diablo."
>Bolvar slings a black red-striped rat with a small leather collar over his shoulder.
>Chrysagon pats Dayerin on the back.
>Bolvar asks, "The first one?"
>Exxy says, "The first one didn't have multiplayer"
>Bolvar says, "I miss those hacker filled days of Diablo 1."
>Clauddvon says, "I tried Diablo 3 and beat it on 3 different modes in just a matter of a few days and gave it up."
>Sivitri says, "The second, technically"
Exxy glances at Bolvar.
>Clauddvon says, "Was too boring"
>Bolvar scoffs at Exxy.
>Bolvar says, "Godly full-plate mail of the whale."
>Bolvar flexes.
>Clauddvon says, "Same thing over and over, just more harder mobs."
>Sivitri says, "I've played nothing buy MUDs since I left Haelrahv and Eaxia."
>Clauddvon says, "The 1st one is still the bomb."
>Clauddvon says, "Graphics suck balls, but it was a lot of fun. I still go back and beat it sometimes to get that feeling back."
Bolvar says, "I can't get into the third one at all, the atmosphere isn't engaging in the lesat."
>Clauddvon grins.
>Dayerin puts a watered silk backpack embroidered with a rampant unicorn in a deep leather backpack embossed with the crest of the Scholar's guild.
>Exxy says, "My game time gets divided between pen-and-paper D&D (2 campaigns, I DM one of them), The Division, Diablo 3, EverQuest 2, Neverwinter Online (barely), and Borderlands 2/Pre-sequel. I'm typically in one of those games."
>Exxy says, "Oh and some Black Desert Online lately."
>The red-striped rat on Bolvar's shoulder suddenly runs down his side and leg vaulting itself to the ground where it begins to scavenge around. It then climbs back up his leg and feasts on whatever it had found.
>Exxy says, "I like the old world RP charm that EQ2 has, for sure."
>Sivitri says, "I spend my time playing Unwritten Legends and Fallout 4"
>Clauddvon exclaims, "sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands that could be well spent developing. Get to work!"
>Clauddvon says, "So we can all play"
>Chrysagon chuckles.
>Clauddvon says, "You know how it is."
>Exxy says, "We gotta get the bodies, first."
>Bolvar says, "I'll get you some bodies."
>Bolvar shakes his fist.
Exxy says, "Game designers run on players. Need those players."
>Sivitri says, "Because shooting horribly mutated things from a really long way away with exciting graphical murder rage is pretty fun."
>Exxy says, "MurderRage"
>Exxy says, "MurderRage is a registered trademark of Sivitri Corp."
>Clauddvon says, "What kind of player base is needed? Just not sure how many new people are going to be interested in coming to do anything honestly...it's all going to be wiped out."
>Chrysagon laughs.
>Sivitri chuckles.
>Bolvar's red-striped rat lazily roams his shoulder then jumps to his head before curling up into a ball and nestling in his hair.
>Sivitri says, "I'm going to reroll after this meeting anyways"
>Sivitri says, "Start anew. Again."
>Bolvar reaches up and pets the coarse fur of his red-striped rat as it lays flat and ceases all movement for a few moments before nuzzling his fingers and falling asleep.
>Exxy says, "Well it's a show of support first and foremost. So if the game's ongoing development and revivication is important, that's first up... motivate us to doing free work so the players can have a fun, free game."
>Without a trace, Autumn is gone.
>Exxy says, "And while people are doing that, activities that give persistent rewards that will survive a combat rebuild are vital... fluffy stuff, homes, titles, life skills (non-combat skills), etc."
>Sivitri says, "Fluff"
>Chrysagon says, "free samples"
>Bolvar says, "I don't see how girl farts are going to help."
>Sivitri asks, "Oh, for the love of ... what is the emote verb? Act? Emote?"
>Exxy says, "Anything that keeps people engaged with each other socially will help."
>Chrysagon laughs at Bolvar.
>Exxy says, "ACTION (ACT), yeah"
>Clauddvon gives Dayerin a wet willy.
>Bolvar is yellow.
>Chrysagon says, "i always thought so"
>Bolvar says, "Tarnation."
>Bolvar shakes his fist at Chrysagon!
>Bolvar says, "Them's fightin words."
>Chrysagon says, "you and who's zombie army"
>Clauddvon says, "Well, there was a lot of years Daye and I were super suportive...and we can become so again if there's some direction. Just garnering new faces may be the challenge."
From out of nowhere, Autumn appears.
>Bolvar fidgets nervously.
>Clauddvon says, "If Daye and I talk about it and feel like we'd like to give Eaxia another go, you know we'll be around often...just have to figure out if we have the time for it."
>Chrysagon says, "remember us trying to pull off a zombie invasion"
>Bolvar says, "I do."
>Bolvar says, "We didn't have the zombie fish back then, I think that's what the problem was."
>Exxy says, "Nothing will happen overnight... but give us a big enough carrot to chase and we can get this ball rolling."
>Bolvar says, "We needed the oceanic support."
>Exxy says, "Just not the stick. Don't give us the stick."
>Chrysagon says, "did you ever get it off your head"
>Bolvar snickers.
>Sivitri says, "I've got to agree with Clauddvon there. Interest for MUDs in general is lacking so finding new people will be difficult."
>Chrysagon says, "or did it devour your brain such as it is"
>Without a trace, Autumn is gone.
>Bolvar says, "I think it just rotted off."
>Clauddvon says, "Gamers like us are old school."
Bolvar says, "I'm not sure what happened to it."
>Sivitri says, "I'll not give you the stick if you give me that metrillium stick you were working on."
Chrysagon sniffs the air around him.
>Sivitri grins at Exxy.
>Sivitri says, "Youngin's don't tend to like MUDs"
>Bolvar grins.
>Clauddvon says, "I don't know anyone really that talks about text based MUDs...or even knows what they are honenstly."
>Bolvar says, "Ain't that the truth."
>Clauddvon says, "Old schoolers."
>Bolvar says, "Can't get any of my friends to play."
>Bolvar recites:

"There's no graphics!"
>Bolvar scoffs.
>Exxy offers his metrillium stick to Sivitri.
>Clauddvon says, "It's too much work. People are idiots these days. The whole point of text based MUDs is to allow you to use your own imagination. People these days don't like doing that."
>Clauddvon says, "The younger generation..."
>Bolvar says, "Yeah, damn kids."
>Sivitri says, "Back when people used to READ for fun, MUDs were popular"
>Sivitri accepts Exxy's offer.
>Clauddvon says, "They aren't even learning cursive for crying out loud."
>Exxy shakes his fist.
>Exxy exclaims, "Kids!"
>Sivitri grins.
>Sivitri says, "Metrillifaux"
>Chrysagon says, "i used to play this in the lab at school, most folks thought i was doing some advanced programming"
>Bolvar cackles at Chrysagon.
>Clauddvon laughs.
>Bolvar says, "I remember you telling me that."
>Exxy says, "Supa' leet."
>Chrysagon grins at Bolvar.
>Sivitri takes a good, long look at a simple metrillium stick.
>Chrysagon says, "but there was a few that knew it was a mud"
>Sivitri pats a simple metrillium stick.
>Clauddvon says, "I showed some family/friends and explained to them that I was looking at (and I'd go into explaining some glowy eyed creature with fierce build and sharp long claws)...and they'd just look blankly at me."
>Chrysagon grins at Sivitri.
>Sivitri says, "Need to have an imagination, after all"
>Chrysagon says, "your minds eye"
>Chrysagon nods at Sivitri.
>Sivitri says, "When my nephew gets older, I'll have him play"
>Sivitri nods at Exxy.
>Bolvar says, "Alright, I imagine I ought to get going here. Got plans that are creepin up on me."
>Sivitri says, "He's only seven now, though"
>Chrysagon says, "but i do play dr now and seems a lot of young are about"
>From out of nowhere, Autumn appears.
>Sivitri shakes his stick at Autumn.
>Bolvar says, "I'll catcha guys later."
>Bolvar playfully punches Chrysagon in the arm.
>Bolvar pinches Autumn.
>Disregardable Bolvar just left.

* Disregardable Bolvar Fordring returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
>Exxy says, "Steal them. Steal them all."
>Exxy grins at Chrysagon.
>Exxy says, "Bodies for the win."
>Chrysagon grins evilly.
>Sivitri glances at a simple metrillium stick.
>Exxy asks, "Hey, somebody create a character real quick.. we'll see if it still crashes?"
>Sivitri glances at Exxy.
>Autumn says, "Trying to find those fluff hiders, but I'm having no luck."
>Sivitri sheathes his metrillium stick in his leather belt.
>The Eternally Lost Clauddvon just left.

* The Eternally Lost Clauddvon Maud'divv returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
>Sivitri says, "Gimme a second and I'll ... nevermind."
>Exxy chuckles.
>Exxy twiddles his thumbs.
>
* Commoner CrashTestDummy joins the adventure.
Chrysagon cackles.
>Sivitri says, "So unoriginal."
>Exxy asks, "Should I BADNAME him?"
>Exxy snickers.
>Sivitri shakes his head in mock disappointment.
>
* Fighter Initiate CrashTestDummy Dummy returns home from a hard day of adventuring.

* The Eternally Lost Clauddvon Maud'divv joins the adventure.

The Eternally Lost Clauddvon just arrived.
>Clauddvon asks, "No crash?"
>Exxy says, "Well that was promising"
>Exxy shakes his head.
>Exxy says, "No crash."
>Exxy asks, "Now somebody create a brand spanking new account and try?"
>Exxy mumbles something under his breath.
>quit

Goodbye from the Role-Players Gaming Network!

Thank you for playing Eaxia Online. If you have any questions or need any help, you can write to us using the feedback form at our website or post publicly at our message boards.

www.role-players.com | www.eaxia.com

We hope to see you back again soon!

* Antique ShadowFox Star returns home from a hard
GameDirector Autumn,
GDAUTUMN

Postby MFH37 » Jun 4, 2016 (1:22 pm)

Finally read this old log... Y'all have an indoor pig huh?
Looking forward to catching up on last night meeting!
MFH37
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GDAUTUMN » Jun 5, 2016 (3:00 am)

No piggy anymore. :( I didn't log this last meeting, someone else may have, though!

Mainly Exxy was asking what people liked or didn't like about the recent stuff, things they'd like to see changed, etc. Your presence was definitely missed!
GameDirector Autumn,
GDAUTUMN

Return to General