Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Perks for membership.

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Perks for membership.

Postby DROMAR » May 15, 2010 (4:45 pm)

Just want to put out some feelers on this to get player feedback as well as GM's feedback and feasiblility on it. Wondering first off the limit to items that can be worn that are magical, believe only 4, and think that maybe paid accounts should be allowed more items if its not too hard to code. Example being free accounts can wear four, adventurer can wear 5 (or one more the regular limit whatever it is) Champion 6, sponsor 7, and those who shell out for the max account thing monthly be allowed 8 or more depending on there status. If they've maintained the same accout style and setting for six months or more then maybe allowing an unlimited amount of magic items to be worn as a thank you for there long standing and dedication to the game? Just wanted to get some feedback, feel free to squash this thread if its stupid or jump on the game and backhand me. :P Happy hunting Eaxians!
DROMAR
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Re: Perks for membership.

Postby GDEXXY » May 16, 2010 (2:28 pm)

I will give this some deep consideration, but won't make any promises. We currently do have stuff in the works for more benefits to paying players, so keep your eyes peeled.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby MFH37 » May 21, 2010 (3:39 pm)

Just want to get my two cents in... While I would love to see more perks for money-payers (such as the awesome store Exxy just added), as a non-payer I would be much discouraged from playing if paying players have such an advantage as a higher magical item limit. This type of benefit is not overcomable (is that a word?), and in my opinion would make Eaxia not truly free to play. Most games on the net say free to play, but members get crazy benefits like better items or whatnot - and that's why I don't play those games as a cheapo tightwad :) Some other ideas though: faster exp gain and soak all the time for members, higher chance of magical item drop for members, or re-establishing existing benefits like multi-room houses and members quests/areas.

---Ungar the Barbarian
MFH37
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GDAUTUMN » May 21, 2010 (9:22 pm)

I think no matter what Exxy decides to add to paid accounts, or to the store, Eaxia will always remain free to play. Having a free account in no way hinders your game play (as you can do everything that paying players can do), and the current benefits of a paid account don't give you an unfair advantage over other players.

Most of those games that give people super benefits for paid accounts do it for a simple reason -- they need to get paid. A lot of those are also graphicals with no doubt hefty system requirements and likely require some sizable funding in order to keep running. Some of those I have played, and even their low-end paid accounts were more than reasonable ($5-$6 a month). I personally had no problems with coughing out a few bucks a month to support a game that I enjoyed playing at the time.

Would you mind elaborating on why you think the increased magical item wear limit is unfair compared to the other things that you have listed later in your post? To myself it is a bit confusing, and I personally find some of the things that you listed off as more unfair, such as the 24/7 drain. I am not trying to pick, I am just trying to understand where you are coming from. :)
GameDirector Autumn,
Exxy's do-everything girl.
GDAUTUMN
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby MFH37 » May 22, 2010 (12:18 am)

Things like better exp gain/drain and better drop rate are overcomable becuase i can just train more (we can both reach lvl 125 and cap our skills at the same amount)... No amount of training or playing can overcome someone else wearing and extra magic item (to compare to my example, an extra magic item is like being able to go to lvl 130 or get higher caps in skills) Much of ones combat prowess in the game depends on magical items, and an extra allowance in that area would overpower paying players as compared to non-paying players.

As you have correctly stated, currently Eaxia does not overpower paying players, I'd love to see it stay that way. Unfair isn't the problem I see. There should be favor shown toward payers, no doubt. But I don't like when games overpower paying players. Eaxia has done very well to keep a level playing field.

---Ungar the Barbarian
MFH37
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby DROMAR » Jun 9, 2010 (11:14 pm)

My personal bias in here is because I believe paying players SHOULD get those types of perks, and this coming from one who DOESNT pay. IF someone is willing to shell out 9 bucks minimum in order to gain an extra two magical slots I think that'd be reasonable. You quote that paid members get perks such as the store. I don't use the store. The ONLY thing that might interest me from the store is an altered pet, which I could just participate in the contests to achieve that win. Plus in order to even gain credits FOR the store one has to have a champion account which is 15 bucks a months. And some would say 'Oh, the extra character slots are well worth it.' To that I say this. I have a commoner account. I have 2 characters on said account. Of those two, I play one. The other I started to train as a healer/necro (not sure which way I want to take him) but he hardly gets logged on anymore. If this game were geared toward PVP where 'unfair advantages of one player vs another' actually mattered, I would agree. But since PVP is not allowed per the T & S of Eaxia without express consent of both parties involved then there is no need to worry about it. If someone wants to pic a fight with me when I have 6 magical items on, I'll say 'hey' you sure you wanna do this?' But in what way would someone having an easier time going out hunting and gaining levels affect another players gameplay? I was once told. by Ungar no less, when commenting on the rate of leveling my character that he could easily gain 20th level within a few days to a week. Even hunting for 7 hours a day it took me 3 months to get to 20th level. Each player levels and hunts different so if player X can hunt better and perform tasks better than Player Y, that in no way affects player C from enjoying there game so I think the arguement of unbalancing players is an illegitimate arguement. Even a 14 year old could afford $9 a month to play Eaxia if they truly wished the perks of a paid account. And that is Dromar's rant for the even. Good night and merry part.
DROMAR
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Jun 10, 2010 (6:55 am)

All paying accounts get store credit automatically, not just Champion accounts.

The paid accounts get the amount they pay per month for their subscription as store credit in addition to the usual paid perks.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby DROMAR » Jun 10, 2010 (7:23 am)

Alright, just noticed that with the new store thing cause when I'd looked before it had said nothing of that. only the alternations for champions account but still nothing like that for the adventurer but still, such things would not be worth it to me unless that store credit could be applied towards 'renting' additional magic item slots. That is about the only thing in store, in my opinion, that I'd be willing to pay a monthly fee in order to gain that benefit. Such things as CCD's and altered pets, items, etc. I'm patient enough to hold out for contests in order to try and win credits for those things. Something like paying $5 a month for an additional magic slot I would think would be exceptable because even a youth could come up with $5, I don't care who they are. Go out and mow one lawn and boom, there is the money for your magical item.
DROMAR
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby JIMMYROCKETFINGERS » Jun 10, 2010 (8:06 am)

Like most people who play Eaxia, at first I was disappointed when I learned there was a cap for how many magic items one could wear. But as time went on I realized just why that cap is there, it is (once again) to keep balance. I honest to god don't like the idea of increasing the magic slot number, four magics is enough to elevate a level one to a near god like status as it is.

But not only is it a balance thing, it's a tactical thing. Instead of just throwing on 6 different magic items that all increase one of your stats, you've got four to work with. For quite some time I had a lot of fun just thinking up different combinations, and even more entertainment still when trying to make those combinations work. But with six, it just seems like overkill. While four may not be the perfect number within itself, it works. And you know what they say, If it's not broken, don't f**k with it. :D
Bolvar Fordring - Elven Necromancer
Jamendithas D'jmare - Elven Wizard

"Ulric the Just! The devil bear has stolen my wife!"
"This will not stand! I bring you the devil bear's wife."
"But.. Ulric.. I kinda wanted my own wife back..."
"You have no concept of justice, enjoy your new wife."
JIMMYROCKETFINGERS
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby DROMAR » Jun 10, 2010 (12:57 pm)

well,this thread was intended for feedback so it seems majority rules. Scrub the idea and forget i mentioned it.
DROMAR
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Return to General