Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Are you there god? It's me, Jammers

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

Are you there god? It's me, Jammers

Postby JIMMYROCKETFINGERS » Nov 14, 2008 (10:04 pm)

I got one question festering in mah mind. Has Eaxia finally passed over? I came online today to find nobody at all. Not even the usuals (Looking at you, elf paladin)

The forums are almost over a month dead, which was actually pretty promising. Until I found that they were all quite abrupt, and seemingly unhappy.

Just for the record, I didn't stop playing Eaxia due to the lack of updates (This raw form of Eaxia really isn't as bad as everyone complains) I just got bored with typing games all together.

I played for awhile after I grew bored with typing games, just conversing with the citizens. But one by one, the funnest of the fun began to up and leave for their own reasons. With the "depature" of Marzipan, Jammers went with. Or vice versa. Whichever.

In Order Of My Grief:

Necrosis
Bucksand
(Real name starts with a.. L I think..)
Rhoktar
Dartain
Kronos
Twingia
Isabella
Alunardo
Bosefuss the Bossy Ogre
Marziale
Mattie/Hannah
Jamendithas
(Vainity is no longer a sin... fare thee well Jaunty Hat...)

MEMOIRES OF JAMMERS BEGIN HERE

Ah hahah.. I remember the time I was forced to kiss Kronos. He was not a happy camper. Me and Marzipan made a high stakes Castles bet, if I lost I'd have to randomly kiss Kronos, if she lost she'd hafta randomly kiss a girly of my choosing. As luck would have it, I lost. After a good five minutes of trying to weasle out of it, I snuck a quick one on Kronos. So, naturally, he killed me, as Elf to Ogre kissing is outlawed.

And not to mention one night Mattie completely rocked me on my heels for the first time in my life with a joke xD Ahh, it was perfectly timed and completely unexpected, I'll never forget what she said. If it can rock me on my heels, then it's probably not fit for the public, hence I wont repeat the joke.

Probably the most annoying to everyone else, me and Marzipan's stream of avian talk. Just for the record, we almost never talked about anyone in the room, or even Eaxia for that matter, it was generally just random topics that would only confuse the unaware.

Or the time Alu said WOLFS instead of WOLVES, and got a sharp lecture from Marzipan. I didn't outwardly express it, but I was laughing my a** off. Marzipan of course wasn't completely serious, but Alu just kinda sat and took the berating as a student would from a teacher.

Who could forget the near countless occasions when me and Alu disrupted public by running around STS in nothing but giant loinclothes, to the great distaste of.. everyone.

THE END

Welp, as I was saying, just stopped in to see if I could get a response from anyone still loyal to the game, also to give a shout out to the "deceased" of Eaxia, mayhaps start a reminiscing topic that might get some interest stirred up again, and last but not least to say I still heart Eaxia. Although unfortunately I no longer heart typing games.

Hopefully you got a few laughs out of it, feel free to post your own memories.

All Ale to the Unserious,
Jamendithas - Deceased (Deleted)
Last edited by JIMMYROCKETFINGERS on Nov 16, 2008 (3:39 pm), edited 2 times in total.
Bolvar Fordring - Elven Necromancer
Jamendithas D'jmare - Elven Wizard

"Ulric the Just! The devil bear has stolen my wife!"
"This will not stand! I bring you the devil bear's wife."
"But.. Ulric.. I kinda wanted my own wife back..."
"You have no concept of justice, enjoy your new wife."
JIMMYROCKETFINGERS
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby ellisj » Nov 15, 2008 (10:01 am)

aww! i'm not on your list!!! you don't like Bose!?!?!? thats sad! now i shall have to beat you if i ever see you :)
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby JIMMYROCKETFINGERS » Nov 16, 2008 (3:28 pm)

Bossy! Oh yea, its been so long it slipped mah mind >.< You're just above Alunardo ;D

I saw you a couple times a few months ago, but you weren't exactly responsive xD

JIMMYROCKETFINGERS
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby CLINCHER » Nov 16, 2008 (10:16 pm)

Sorry to see you go Jammers, even if we had differences in opinion, You shall be missed none the less. Hats off to you and one last ale.
Darkheart Loadstone
thee unwanted one that is no longer around
CLINCHER
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby JIMMYROCKETFINGERS » Nov 17, 2008 (5:49 pm)

Oh no, I'm not posting as a final goodbye xD Jammers has been gone for damn near 3 months, probably more. I just wanted to see who was all left. Although I appreciate it :D

As I said I was never really mad.

Welp, while I'm here I might as well type some memoires about some of the lesser known people on the deceased list, since I got extra time on mah hands.

Name: Necrosis
Guild: Fighters
Race: Gnome
Little something about 'em: Necrosis, always waving around those mummy arms. I knew this little guy before I knew alot of people, although it was after I met Marziale. He was hilarious xD And we'd always joke about punting him and his small stature. I have no idea when he left, because I was gone myself for a month, when I came back he was just gone.

Name: Lenyx
Guild: Thieves
Race: Avian/elf
Little something about 'em: Ahh Lenyx. (Also known as Bucksand) He started shortly after Marziale, and was mah whipping boy. The Jamen-To-Be I called him, cause I was gonna mold 'em into an exact clone of myself, secretly. He was actually the one who set me and Marziale up, so uhhh, I guess I owe him this much.

Name: Rhoktar
Guild: Barbarians
Race: Minotaur
Little something about 'em: Rhoktar was another one of the first people I knew, hell I knew 'em before me and Twingia were together. (He actually interupted us the moment we were about to begin dating to my great amusement) I bought kitchen wear from him on several occasions, he was also my hunting partner while up in Stone Giants.

Name: Twingia
Guild: Thieves
Race: Rurowlian
Little something about her: Ahh, Twingia. Her and I dated for a looong time in Eaxia. Her and I met one day when me and Manze dragged her body out of the ogre mines. I'd always go hunting with her, cause even though she was generally preoccupied with killing stuff, she'd throw me a line or joke every now and then that'd make me laugh or bring a huge grin to my face. She's very assertive, stubborn, clever, and funny, essentially me minus the funny. And uhh, clever. She left probably over a year ago, to many people's dissapointment.

Name: Isabella
Guild: Thieves (Begining to see a pattern yet?)
Race: Elven
Little something about her: Isa, easily the most stubborn, cruel elf the land of Eaxia has ever known. It's those qualities that made her my ideal sister :D It's through her that I met alot of the people on the now deceased list, although the funny thing is I was already around when she was just starting. Kudos sis (We never determined who was the older and who was the younger sibling)

Name: Bosefuss!
Guild: Barbarians (The girly one)
Race: Ogre
Little something about 'em: I doubt there's many people who don't know about Bossy, but I figured I'd put this up here anyways xD

Name: Katashi...
Guild: Paladins
Race: Elven
Little something about 'em: For those who knew me and Katashi, I think I heard your audible gasp from wherever it is you're at. Katashi was my polar opposite in Eaxia, in both looks (I had black hair and pale skin, he was tan with white hair) and attitudes. If Katashi was on, and I was on, chances are the citizens of Eaxia had to suffer through a lengthy argument over thoughts. He's one of the overly serious hardcore RP types who's quite full of himself and thinks he's always right. Like Jamen, an overly unserious, softcore Rp type who's.. quite full of himself and always thinks he's right. But hey, everyone needs an Arch-nemisis, so I posted Katashi up here anyways, as I interacted with him probably more then most.

EDIT: Last minute one!

Name: Manze
Guild: Travelers
Race: Human or elven
Little something about em: The absolute first person I met, and the first one to leave which is why he wasn't on the deceased list. Him and I were like two peas in a pod, for the few months that he was at Eaxia. And with his departure he took one of my more rare magics with him xD And I was uhh, not really happy about that but it no longer matters xD

-ACTUALLY IMPORTANT STUFF-

For those that knew Jamen, or any of the people on the Deceased List, I was thinking we could have a little get together here on Eaxia sometime. Maybe get things stirred up again, although Jamen is deleted, I obviously still have the account.

And a character, Dathrohan Pernolde. So if you see this guy log onto Eaxia then log off, you'll know it's me just checking in on you guys xD So! Who else would be interested in an Eaxian Reunion?

JIMMYROCKETFINGERS
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

its isabell

Postby ISABELLA » Jan 18, 2009 (9:18 pm)

i been back for the past month dear. Isabell misses her dagger twin sniffles
ISABELLA
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby ISABELLA » Jan 18, 2009 (9:20 pm)

and i most certainly was the oldest i always take a nap for a year or so then wake up i get so tired but i dont think i'll take one that long this time
ISABELLA
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby ISABELLA » Jan 18, 2009 (9:25 pm)

WHY WOULD YOU DELETE JAMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE YOU!!! :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
ISABELLA
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby ISABELLA » Jan 18, 2009 (10:25 pm)

and elf to ogre isnt outlawed because isa and kronos are married just jammers to kronos is outlawed chuckle
ISABELLA
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby JIMMYROCKETFINGERS » Jan 22, 2009 (7:40 pm)

Pshaw, Kronos kissed many an elf named Jammers, and not just Jamendithhas. There's like, 25 male elves with the nickname Jammers and I bet he's tried kissing them all! I dunno, I'm bored.

Cha, I'm back! As you know. Well, relatively speaking. Kinda sorta back. Off on and on for maybe less then an hour a day, waiting for people to swagger at to come online.

Welp, we got me, you, and Brenn! That's a start, Michy hopefully. Gonna hafta try to turn this into a regular thing.

JIMMYROCKETFINGERS
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby SPAZ » Jan 23, 2009 (1:29 am)

Chrysagon was awake today.
Serina and Kanphar are regularly on as well.
Lets get Eaxia alive again shall we?

-Brenn Vizion
-Lyan Sylver
SPAZ
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby SPAZ » Jan 25, 2009 (7:38 pm)

After several, several attempts to contact Exxy and a few other GMs...
I have given up. Until I hear from any of them I won't be back around.
I had hope, but over 10 attempts to get someone to respond.
Feedback, emails, instant messages. All of those were blown off.
Why should I give my money to someone who doesn't care at all?
I'll find a better game to spend 15 bux a month on then this.
SPAZ
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby ISABELLA » Jan 26, 2009 (2:11 pm)

Dont leave!!!!!!!!!!!! what about isa and michy!!!!
ISABELLA
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby JIMMYROCKETFINGERS » Jan 26, 2009 (6:02 pm)

What Exxy needs to do is either come out and announce Eaxia dead, or at least have the liberty to make one of us regulars a GM. Darkheart has been waiting for two alterations since Sept. and October. That's right, last YEAR.

I know for a fact creating items isnt that difficult, as I used to work for a game not unlike Eaxia. (Although dont think that's me asking to be a GM, cause I dont wanna be one >.< Brenn applied and hasnt gotten a response, now he's gone cause of irritation, but I bet a GM invitation would bring em back)

I've been checking back on and off for the past six months in Eaxia, I've NEVER seen a GM. So seriously, appoint someone to watch over the handful that still remain loyal or just close down the game once and for all. Dont let it slowly rot.

JIMMYROCKETFINGERS
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby SPAZ » Jan 27, 2009 (2:05 am)

Exactly old friend.
Announce it dead or at least let one of us try and bring fun to Eaxia again.

I would gladly take up a role of being a GM.
Someone to get alterations done.
Someone to create an invasion.
I honestly don't care if I don't have time to play on Brenn.
As long as I can help people I have known for many years online have fun again.
SPAZ
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby CLINCHER » Feb 1, 2009 (2:49 pm)

I just recently sent feedback again about my two lost alterations. Upon checking my notes, they were from August and September, which is even worse. Hoping but not counting on getting a response any time soon.

Just got my two alterations yesterday, March 1st
Last edited by CLINCHER on Mar 2, 2009 (8:46 pm), edited 1 time in total.
Darkheart Loadstone
thee unwanted one that is no longer around
CLINCHER

Postby MARZIALE » Feb 13, 2009 (4:03 pm)

To much suprise..I do linger about still :)
MARZIALE
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 3, 2009 (6:38 pm)

I haven't been to the forums in months, and even my last visit was a brief once-over. I had handed over all of the staff-to-player and even staff management responsibilities to Astracon when I moved to Idaho May 2007. In that time (and not entirely his fault), we have lost every single staff member and nearly all of the players. I won't lie -- my absence hasn't helped that any, but I certainly didn't expect that turn of events.

I haven't had contact with Astracon in some time. He's in the military, as some of you know, and sometimes it's difficult to reach him. For now and the foreseeable future, I don't imagine I'll be putting that kind of dependency and responsibility on anyone else other than Rich Mondy (my business partner these last seven years).

As for Eaxia? I'm back -- more or less. I do have a full-time career that keeps me pretty busy, but I'm making a concerted effort to work twice as hard at helping you all breathe life back into Eaxia. And I say helping, because it's certainly not something I could even begin to imagine doing alone. This is a community -- our community.

I logged into the game for the first time in a long while this weekend. I was in for maybe about 5 hours and even ran a glorified invasion-type event for the folks who were around. Darkheart made off with a nice unique weapon and I think everyone had a decent time. In the background, I also fixed some bugs and patched up the guildleaders to allow leveling up to 125 for all prestige classes to give our completionists something to do.

I'd like to have a meeting with you all in game. I'll post an announcement in GoPlay and in the log-in news. Feel free to invite anyone who'd like to participate to come in. If you can't make it at the time, have a buddy speak on your behalf or drop me a line at GD-Exxy@eaxia.com. Our e-mail is fixed now and I should be able send and receive just fine.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby JIMMYROCKETFINGERS » Mar 3, 2009 (11:23 pm)

Gah, damn it Exxy. You're too good at making me feel like an a** >.< I'll hang around more for what little consolation it offers.

P.S. <3 Marzipan

JIMMYROCKETFINGERS
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Mar 5, 2009 (8:07 am)

JIMMYROCKETFINGERS wrote:You're too good at making me feel like an a**

Ehr. Not my intention :p
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby WhispererQ » Mar 6, 2009 (8:51 am)

I'll be honest, Exxy... I'm really sorry to hear the news about your entire staff packing up and leaving. I remember some of the original folks, and I really admired and respected some of them. Allanon and Gaeldros particularly high on my list.

It's not easy being a staff member for a game. The level of commitment and time required, alone, pretty much forces exclusivity to that game, as I found out when I was a Herald for a wargame simulation on the web. A lot of fun times, a lot of stressful times.

The time thing was what caused me to stop playing Eaxia-- I hadn't even gotten close to the upper limits that people were butting up against in frustration, so it wasn't dissatisfaction with the game itself that caused me to leave. I like to joke around with such things as "Happy Birthday Combat Rewrite" but in truth, I know how much the length of time it's been taking, has been eating you, and I sympathize about that. I'm the kind of person who hates leaving things unfinished. Still, as Kenny Rogers once immortalized in song, you've got to "know when to walk away... and know when to run." I admire your tenacity in wanting to make Eaxia work. And if I knew a way to fit one more activity into a crummy 24 hours... I'd be there in a minute. Unfortunately, you can't fit another activity into a crummy 24 hours... especially since I require more than 8 hours of sleep due a sleep-related disability, meaning I have fewer than the standard 16 available to do things.

It's that respect and admiration that causes me to keep reading the boards... because there was always something about Eaxia that I liked, something that made me want to see it succeed. But let's be honest... things are looking pretty grim at the moment.

I work weekends so that will preclude my attending the summit (especially with Watchmen opening today-- movies based on successful graphical novels tend to clean the box office's clock (think 300 and A History of Violence)), but I'll be watching for the log with interest.

Good luck in turning the game around... not just because you need it but because I think Eaxia deserves its own little corner of cyberspace. And I'll be there in early 2010 to sing Happy Birthday to the Combat Rewrite again *snickers* hehehehehe :D

--WQ

(edit: no such word as 'tun.' Ahem. It has been fixed.)
WhispererQ
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby OPHELIA » Mar 8, 2009 (7:04 pm)

GDEXXY wrote:In the background, I also fixed some bugs and patched up the guildleaders to allow leveling up to 125 for all prestige classes to give our completionists something to do.

125? Hmmmm....
OPHELIA

Postby Aethacyn » Mar 17, 2009 (11:01 pm)

I hope to come back one day...

I played waaay back during launch time... I wonder if I should turn back on my account.

- Aethacyn
Aethacyn
Aethacyn
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Return to General