Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

critter found equipment

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

critter found equipment

Postby SIVITRI » May 21, 2008 (2:19 am)

::Begin cleverly-disguised suggestion among a not-so-subtle rant::

Just curious about this one, but is there a limit to the amount of critter found weaponry? For example, we have roughly ten simple weapon types. Can ALL of those ten weapons be found through the treasure system in various forms? Or is it just the main ones that characters use most often? I mean, daggers drop pretty regularly. You can find clubs off of giants. I think you can get half-spears off of tribal hunters. Punching daggers, heavy maces, and (I think) light maces can all be found in magical/mundane forms. Sickles are pretty regular, as well as *swords* which, to my knowledge, could be simple or martial depending (as a note, I think the magical short swords are simple whereas the "swords" are martial and non-magical).

So that leaves morning stars and quarterstaves. I've yet to see either in a treasure drop. I would personally love to see both of those in magic/mundane forms (or at least imbueable forms). A triple-imbueable quarterstaff might be much better for RP then an adamantine longsword for some people. A morning star is a unique alternative to maces.

I'm not really going to go into martial weapons, because it's the same deal there. You really only see one or two of those weapons pop forth in enchanted or imbueable forms ... Why not the rest? Yes, I know. Combat re-write is likely a big deal with this. But would it be possible to perhaps put in a few other lesser-used weapons (morning stars, please, this is a selfish post and I want one :twisted: ) for the time being for no other reason then to give the player base something new to play with.

Frankly, I'm pretty tired seein' everyone use the same things, especially in a roleplaying game. It's all good to go against monk training and use a triple-imbue longsword (or pair of them!), but when everyone else does it too ... gets tedious and repetitive. So, please, put in a few new weapon types in the treasure system (heck, here's a good list: Morning star, halberd, staves, handaxe, glaive, flails (heavy/light)). Perhaps even increase the chance to have slots on various weapons. Do this for no other reason then to provide DIVERSITY that any good role-playing game needs.

::End cleverly-disguised suggestion among a not-so-subtle rant::
There is nothing wrong with me; Just the world I live in.

~Athelyn DeVries~
SIVITRI
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby GDDONNIE » May 21, 2008 (5:10 pm)

We will also have a few new weapons when combat is released. Actually the entire treasure drop variety will have to be redone after combat comes out anyways because of the changes to armor (multiple pieces covering various body parts) as well as the new weapons like ritual daggers. I also would especially like to see Staves in the mix as well and I know I'll be suggesting all weapons get into the mix when it is done. Missile weapons will definately need to be added since they'll be working right once combat comes out. Thanks for the suggestions we can always use them and you'd be surprised how many things suggested on the boards end up in the game in one form or another. :)
GameDirector Donnie
Areas Development

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/html/profile1.htm
GDDONNIE
Eaxia Online staff
Eaxia Online staff

Postby SIVITRI » May 22, 2008 (2:47 pm)

Sounds like fun ... as a note, I just recieved a black-handled titanium mace with dual slots in it (thanks Rhodesia!).

Can't wait until this combat thing comes out. Just needs to come out sooner. 8-)
There is nothing wrong with me; Just the world I live in.

~Athelyn DeVries~
SIVITRI
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Return to General