Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

magic item finding

Need help? You can contact us here or at http://www.eaxia.com/feedback

magic item finding

Postby ellisj » Aug 21, 2004 (2:51 pm)

have the odds of finding magic items changed? i haven't found one or seen anyone find one in a long long long time.

bose
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby Grunthor » Aug 21, 2004 (8:09 pm)

I found 3 magic items within the last week, I think all came within the same day.
"Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do."
-Anon

"Our greatest hope has become out enemy's greatest triumph."
-Anon
Grunthor
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby MATDRAINMD » Aug 23, 2004 (7:58 am)

mind saying what critter or what level critter youve found them in?
MATDRAINMD
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby Grunthor » Aug 23, 2004 (10:11 am)

Young/stone giants
-Anon

-Anon
Grunthor
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby GODSCHILD » Aug 23, 2004 (11:47 pm)

that's weird..I haven't found one single item on young giants or giants and I been hunting em for weeks. Only gold or boxes. Wish I had your luck! :wink:
My motto : Have fun, make friends and show respect for others.
GODSCHILD
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby Grunthor » Aug 24, 2004 (8:09 am)

If it's any cosolation those three are the only three I've found hunting young/stone giants and I found them all when I was about ready to move on to jungathas.
-Anon

-Anon
Grunthor
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby KHODGES » Aug 24, 2004 (9:32 pm)

found a glowing talisman of midnight on a swamp troll just now...first one I've ever found on a critter...
KHODGES
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Aug 30, 2004 (3:31 pm)

Well I want magic items to be rare-ish, but not this rare. I'll tune them up soon (maybe today?). ;)
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Magic Items

Postby Aethacyn » Aug 31, 2004 (11:31 am)

I think magic items, maybe should not have to be tuned up, Perhaps different levels of magic items, I know I've seen some nice magic items being dropped by mages, and some lesser ones by higher creatures.

While I think the magic item system is a good idea, I am not sure if Every creature should drop the same level. I would be content with the creatures not dropping magic items to be honest, I believe too much of a good thing. I would be more toward the whole gold and treasure system, maybe go back to the old magic item system...

Also I would like to see fests, Everybody likes a good fest, thats where the real magic items are, gives people goals to save, and purchase what they want. Also perhaps some sort of development can take effect? Some kind of enchanting, or putting magical effects on weapons. Just some thoughts, again I don't think it needed a boost, I felt it was fine the way it is. Magic items should be a very rarity. Or maybe throw some different levels of magic items.

Perhaps classes:

Magic Item Class Type I:
Magic item can be found on lower level critters, offers temporary effects and charges; example: a wand of healing (20 charges), a necklace, has 30 "rubs" every rub provides a temp status change to say Stam.

These would more of your Lower end Class I, magical items. I believe these should be more of the ones found on creatures, lower creatures (below 40th maybe?)

Magic Item Class Type II:
Found on the higher levels of critters, maybe some of the stat enhancing ones. Provides say +1 to str, and -1 to stam. Have it be rings, necklaces, armor maybe. etc.

Magic Item Class Type III:
Enhances more then one stat, without the cost of one, say +1 to say 3 stats, but gives -1 AR to armor. The benefits of that far outweigh the costs. Also maybe just some +1 ring of protection (+1 AR) type items could be in here. Found on the hignest creatures more commonly, but still rare.

Magic Item Class Type IV:
No side effects, +1 to say 3 or more stats, and can only be bought at festivals, etc.

All of these are rought sketches, ideas, While I think it could have some value, it needs major tweaking, also this could break into the idea of speciality items, and enchanting.

If you recall if anybody plays D&D here..

Boots of Elven Kind: +10 to all move silently checks
Cloak of Elven Kind: +10 to all hiding checks.

That is too extreme to Eaxia, but perhaps we could get some magic items that depend on skills, instead of directly helping stats.

Rought SKETCHES! these are ideas, but I would like to see maybe the magic item system go in this direction. =)
Aethacyn
Aethacyn
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Return to General