Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Removing most of the half-races [revised]

Cast your vote!

How do you feel about us removing most of the half-races?

Poll ended at Jun 23, 2004 (11:29 am)

Go for it! I never saw the point of all of them anyway and it clutters things up.
18%
Sure. Sounds like it'll do some good to toss them out and it's no skin off my back, especially if it's not going to affect most of my friends.
12%
I'm not sure. If enough of the other players support the idea, I'll go along with it, but I don't want to cut off anyone who plays these races.
41%
Keep them, if it's all the same to you. They add variety to the game and if even a few people use them, that's reason enough to keep them.
24%
Please don't remove them. I like having those races available and don't want to see them go, even if it means more work for the staff and longer development waits for game releases!
No votes
I play one of these races and am strongly opposed to seeing them removed!
6%

Total votes : 17

Removing most of the half-races [revised]

Postby GDEXXY » May 24, 2004 (11:29 am)

This is a revised poll. Some of the proposed half-race removals have been taken off the list. Please re-read everything below carefully and vote:

We're thinking of removing the following half races permanently from Eaxia Online:
  • Half-Goblin
  • Half-Troll
  • Half-Drago
  • Half-Dwarf
  • Half-Gnome
  • Half-Minotaur
  • Half-Avian
  • Half-Rurowli
This list does not include Half-Elves, Half-Ogres, or Halflings, but basically all the other half races, leaving the following playable list:
  • Human
  • Elf
  • Goblin
  • Troll
  • Dwarf
  • Ogre
  • Drago
  • Gnome
  • Minotaur
  • Avian
  • Rurowli
  • Halfling
  • Half-Elf
  • Half-Ogre
We want to do this to (a) give special focus to other playable races (it's far easier to maintain code for and write abilities, features, verbs, etc. for a smaller list), (b) make character selection easier for new characters, and (c) because hardly no one even uses them.

Over the past three week, of every single character that's been logged in, a half-troll, a half-rurowli, and three half-dwarves logged in (combined, less than 1.5% of the 336 characters who have played in the last three weeks). The other characters play races not targeted for possible removal.

We want to know how you feel about this proposal!

IMPORTANT: if you play a character of a half-race that's listed for possible removal above, please write a reply here in this thread (or privately to GD-ExXX@XXXXX.XXX if you don't want to publicly reply) whether or not you support the proposal. The idea of removing these races are far more sensitive to you and I especially want to hear how you feel.

In the event that some half-races are removed, characters of those races will be allowed to select any race of their choice. Custom items and custom character descriptions (CCDs) that no longer make sense, will be revised on the player's behalf. We won't leave you high and dry.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GDEXXY » May 24, 2004 (2:39 pm)

Revised poll!
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby THECAT » Jun 25, 2004 (12:10 pm)

Can we help ya toss em on the fire? :shock:
THECAT
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby MANIACWILL » Jun 26, 2004 (5:10 pm)

I would like to see the half races removed and replaced by some neat new races. One that is like a golem and has no sex maybe takes alot less physical damage but takes damage from both earth and water attacks. I like the good bonus and negitives the main races have and I think more of this would be better than half races with really minor stat modifiers and no special advantage or disadvantage beyond that. Maybe an elemental of each type for each of the branches for magic. They could get a bonus to those type of spells and a negitive to the other 5 types. Maybe make them immune to the element they are typed after but weak to its polar opposite. and then give them some special abilities based on the element. Some more of the creatures we fight could also be pretty cool to play as. I would love to play a draconian and deal fire damage for being in proximity to me. but take extra ice damage or even play as an undead race
I am the lord of flies. All bow before me in death
MANIACWILL
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Return to Polls