Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Service outage for 4/6/2004

Announcements from the staff.

Service outage for 4/6/2004

Postby GDEXXY » Apr 6, 2004 (3:47 pm)

We are currently experiencing a service outage while we are rebuilding part of our database. An error occurred during one of our recent upgrades that caused items to not be saved correctly, causing it to misbehave and corrupting data in the process. The coding errors was fixed promptly, but the damage has been done.

In response, we have had to completely restore from an item database backup dated 4/4/2004 at 5:25 PM EST. Any items you have received, created, foraged, etc. after that time will be lost. Any items you sold, gave away, moved around, etc. will be returned. If you are a new user since that time, you might log in and find absolutely no inventory.

Please report to staff at ServXXX@XXXXX.XXX if:
  1. You are missing inventory that you had before 4/4/2004 and should still have now.
  2. You are missing inventory that you received after 4/4/2004, which obviously is now gone, unless the items were common (purchasable for a low amount of gold) or the items were given to you by another character (they will have it now instead of you).
  3. You notice something in game that isn't working as it should (guildleader missing, shop items missing, etc.).
Please do not report to staff if:
  1. You are missing items that you received after 4/4/2004 at 5:25 PM EST given to you by another character. Ask for the item back from them.
  2. You are missing items that you received after 4/4/2004 that are easily replaceable, including treasure, foragables, low-priced items frequently found in stores, etc.

Performing this backup restoration has caused the game to unexpectantly crash and I've seen at least one corrupt character record that was beyond recovery (please talk to me immediately if your character is corrupt by sending me an AOL Instant Messenger message at screen name GD Exxy or e-mail at 911@XXXXX.XXX). Corruption includes loss of skill, experience, level, gold, title, abilities, spells, name, etc. except for inventory.

The game is currently running on my personal developmental station so if it crashes, I can obtain debug information that will allow me to track down any remaining problems with the new systems.

I am very sorry for those of you who have lost something and for all of you who have lost time spent obtaining items and for the time where the game is unavailable. We will do our best to ensure that all lost item reports are handled as soon as possible and that the game problems are resolved quickly. While we are nothing short of embarrassed over this problem, it has been and will continue to be our top priority to provide you with the highest quality gaming environment possible.

Thank you and our apologies again.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Return to Announcements