Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Upcoming changes for Eaxia (BIG)...

Announcements from the staff.

Re: Upcoming changes for Eaxia (BIG)...

Postby arriend » Oct 2, 2003 (6:10 pm)

Suppose I may have posted in the wrong forum earlier...
Regarding professions, will certain fields be encouraged to have a large number from a single guild through the use of a bonus, persay? (example: most weaponsmiths are barbarians, being that barbs focus their training on weapons, they recieve a +# on their ablity to perform said task)
arriend
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby SHAMAN » Oct 2, 2003 (9:45 pm)

While I have read of the coming changes an I see nae any reason to cry over some ale we know will be spilled...an knowin there is nae a thing that kin be one about it, lemme touch base on something I have thought of tha may spark some intrist….for this im gonan have ta jump outta character fer…

Seems to me that although that coming changes may provide a better role-playing possibility. I see there still being a huge problem with that current state of rp.
It occurs ta me that there jes isn’t enough of it an when there is its not being rewarded for one…but that’s something ta discuss later my main problem is this….

Where milord Goharo has made a good point about that lack of abilities one will have when he is reassigned his skills and such, as in the loss of backstab…I think he touched on something bigger he did not expect an that is being that thieves are not hunters nor major combatants...there leaves a huge problem of what exactly is the purpose of that guild?
We don’t get bonus’ to our combat skills and such as in the magickal community where each guild of magick has its own allotment of specified spells…what makes the thieves any different from that common ranger, bard, or present? I understand that joining this guild has its negative aspects…I fail to see where that bonus’ are now. There are only so many skills...and so few of them are to that benefit of those who choose to walk in shadowe. An that rp value of it all is even less when yeh think that there’s only so many skills a shadowe dweller kin work when there is not anyone around, except those not any self respecting stalker would indulge in such as digging in the dirt an witling away at sticks…so when this happens most turn to combat and hunting…witch as mentioned earlier is not the strong point of the common cut-purse. With or without any changes we are pretty much stuck.

So where as we loose a level or 5 but are still as strong as we were before the restart…this only seems to truly pertain to those who actually loose nothing. However some while loosing nothing but a few numbers here and there also don’t quite gain anything in return except possibly a point to allocate to one skill of our choice. Perhaps bringing back some skills once in use and now dead may help or furthering already active skills. And also while I’m on here I might as well ask this as well…seems none of the younger community have made mention of how this will effect us…such as those who needed those soon to be lost levels to attain there new guild… will they be demoted back to their previous guilds or will they get to keep their present stats just at a lower level?

Far as I knows these are intelligent questions tha needed ta be asked…but heh wha do I know im jes yer average Villege Idiot….

Tyvalgar…tha resident village idiot.
SHAMAN
Veteran Forums Adventurer

Postby GDPALLIDAR » Oct 3, 2003 (4:17 am)

I'll let Exxy answer in detail, but I can safely say this much: Part of the rebuild is rebalancing and adjusting the classes as needed for really any reason, to make them all balanced and enjoyable. Every class will be re-evaluated, including thieves. This is a good time to put in your suggestions in fact, though I'd stick them in a better topic appropriate for thieves rather than in this thread. ;)
:: Rich Mondy, CEO, RPGN
:: Trevor Rage [Haelrahv]
:: GD Pallidar [Eaxia]
GDPALLIDAR
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby Vannod » Oct 8, 2003 (5:29 am)

I think it would be a great change for Eaxia. *Cheers Exxy* :D
Vannod
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby Histah » Oct 10, 2003 (10:39 pm)

OK I have a question (or two) that I'm sure some others who've just joined their second tier guild will have also...What happens to the char if the reallocation drops your level below the entry level for your current guild?Maybe someone's already asked this and I somehow missed the reply....I really don't see the reallocation affecting lower level chars (levels 1-5) all that much...my main concern is that most of my higher levels just joined their second tier guilds...will they have to regain those levels to rejoin or is the entry level going to drop too? I've also noticed that some second tier guilds can be joined at 10th while others you need to be 15th to join....I've never understood the reasoning for that..a Cleric can join Paladins at 10th but has to wait to 15th to join Healers,why the difference?
Histah
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Oct 10, 2003 (11:01 pm)

Histah,

Healers don't get the Restoration spell until 21st level anyways so 15th is low if anything, while a Cleric that is planning on being a paladin should have learned Na'Grak's Dagger spell by at least 12th and Resurrection by 10th, so can't see any advantage for then not switching to a fighter type with the associated advantages. Thats just my observations.

As far as new 2nd tier characters I only have 2. Vladim and Gorm joined 2nd tier guilds but will be changing classes after the change- joined now because they were both ready to advance to 21st+ and the guilds they want are not available yet. Hopefully we will see a couple of the new ones soon after. So don't foresee losing couple levels gonna affect them since they are 22nd and 23rd already, but your question is a good one.

On that note will we be seeing any of the as yet unopened guilds open soon after the changes? Kulkan would probably agree with me that Necromancers are overdue, although I am waiting on Priests and Mercenaries myself. My Ogre-ish Scholar to be is way behind because mages are slow to advance so looking forward to the changes for him.
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby ellisj » Oct 14, 2003 (1:29 am)

ok, somethin i almost forgot about until it was mentioned to me today, what happens to any magical items we may have that raise a stat that will no longer be in use? do we just lose the magical properties all together? or maybe choose another stat? or what
Josh
ellisj
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby SHISAERON » Nov 2, 2003 (8:48 am)

Us little characters, level 1-5 are dying ALOT now, Rats are killing me, a level 5 cleric because our skills have been reduced to zero. Will we at least get some kind of skills according to our level at all?
SHISAERON
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby RAWLK » Nov 2, 2003 (9:30 am)

I am not sure if the character generator is generating a lot more critters, but I am reeeeeeeeeally young in this game...Level 2. I am unable to hunt rats now because as soon as I go out the east gate and toward the building, I am swarmed by over 4 goblins and rats and am unable to retreat...therefore I die. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Or is there something I can hunt to gain skills until I can survive?
RAWLK
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby Logary » Nov 2, 2003 (10:28 am)

Go out the east gate and hunt in the abandoned building east east and ne out of the gate....or something to that effect. There are just rats in there and no goblins will bother ya lad.
Datymin the giver of poor directions
Logary
Young Forums Adventurer
Young Forums Adventurer

Postby RAWLK » Nov 2, 2003 (10:44 am)

Lass :wink: . Am trying, it may be that the building hasn't been cleared out in awhile. One day, I'll get there. Just seems a bit more difficult and more critters today around for some reason.
RAWLK
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby GDEXXY » Nov 3, 2003 (12:14 pm)

I've made some combat tweaks that should fix this, but more feedback would be real helpful. Let me know how it's working for everyone now, please! :)
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby SCARLATA » Nov 24, 2003 (7:39 am)

Well, being brand spanking new to Eaxia in its current form, I think I can respond to what new young adventurers are facing starting out. I was able to fight rats and didn't find them to swarm too overly much, except up the stairs in the abandoned building. It is nearly impossible to retreat out of melee if you have more than one at melee. Initially that spelled death to my character twice in my early forays out to hunt.

2nd level obviously got better. Now at 3rd. I'm still totally unable to retreat when I feel I'm about to be overwhelmed.

Finding healing seems to be a major problem for my character right now. Unless she died, and was kindly rescued by Krondor; or one time happened to be around the STS when a healer was offering aid... I'm assuming ofcourse that more injuries equals less ability to hunt, and easier to die from melee hits taken. Not real sure just yet. :roll: Is there NPC healing or a place to buy healing agents for characters that I just haven't found yet?

Sorry for getting slightly veered off track in my response, but in many ways the healing thing is part and parcel of the hunting forays and concerns for new adventurer's, imho.

~Newbie Scarlata
SCARLATA
New Forums Adventurer
New Forums Adventurer

Postby Hokeypokey » Feb 23, 2004 (1:13 am)

regarding the changes ...

I've noticed since my recent return that critters i used to kill with ease are now killin me with ease while they dodge my attacks..which i consider a good thing. BUT..the feats that we lost were what gave us our ability and i now find myself back at my old "level" but weaker that I was at third level..because the feats and skills that I had did not convert into my "new" character. While i have no problem working to get myself back to "where i was" i think that characters that did exist before the changes should in some manner be given a slight bonus to learning to put them back to where they were originally within reason. its a bit nuts to find myself almost dead from rat attacks because i've forgotten how to use my weapons and armor. any thoughts comments? i'm extremely glad by the way..to see some "dampers" put in the progression rates.
everybody's favorite monkey!

The only thing that one has no choice but to do in life ...is Die. Everything else is an option. You always have a choice.
Hokeypokey

Postby GDEXXY » Feb 23, 2004 (10:19 am)

We gave everyone who was around from before the rebuild a +1 to any ability score of their choosing (which is live/in effect) and ability scores are factored into a whole number of skills, so that should act as a general bonus to each kind of skill that those players will generally use.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Previous

Return to Announcements