Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

08/23-08/25 Downtime

Announcements from the staff.

08/23-08/25 Downtime

Postby GDPALLIDAR » Aug 25, 2008 (10:23 pm)

On behalf of Exxy and RPGN as a whole, I'd like to apologize for the absolutely horrendous downtime we experienced from mid-weekend through this evening. Obviously this was a pretty catastrophic and unexpected event, though thankfully no data was lost, or really even at risk.

We've changed the way the "Janus" server is configured - this is the server Eaxia, our websites and MySQL (a database all the games/sites use) and this will make the server much more reliable. Rinth (the Haelrahv and mail services server) was fine/up and has been very reliable, but unfortunately some of the growing pains of adding a new server to the mix flared up again and caused this big downtime. However, the value of having an additional server to carry the burden of the games and services can't be overstated.

We have credited all Haelrahv and Eaxia Online subscriptions/trials a full week.

Finally, I'd like to mention that I will be working with Exxy, Astracon and others to hash out a plan to invigorate Eaxia's development. I know that development has been rather slow for a while and Exxy and I talked about this extensively and I have agreed to lend a hand in the matter. For those who do not know me, I am the creator/owner of Haelrahv, and have worked on parts of Eaxia in the past. We'll be providing more development details where and when possible.

Thanks for your support and patience.
:: Rich Mondy, CEO, RPGN
:: Trevor Rage [Haelrahv]
:: GD Pallidar [Eaxia]
GDPALLIDAR
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Return to Announcements