Eaxia Online

official message forums

Return to main website

Expected Downtime

Announcements from the staff.

Expected Downtime

Postby GDPALLIDAR » Dec 7, 2007 (2:27 pm)

The equipment EO runs on will be moving soon, from Florida to Kentucky. During this time, the game will be down as the equipment is in transport. We'll make every attempt to limit this downtime as much as possible, but a downtime of 11-14 hours is probably a best guess.

The exact date of the move hasn't yet been determined (it's had to be pushed back due to illness on my part, as I'll be moving the equipment personally.) I will post the definite date as soon as I have it.

On the upside, many of you know we've had problems at times with our ISP, Comcast. We'll be switching to a new ISP, Insight.

Of course, all trial and paid accounts will be credited 24 hours of time for the loss of playtime.

Thanks for your patience and support!
:: Rich Mondy, CEO, RPGN
:: Trevor Rage [Haelrahv]
:: GD Pallidar [Eaxia]
GDPALLIDAR
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby GDEXXY » Dec 12, 2007 (11:27 am)

This expected downtime seems likely that it will be either on Friday December 14th, 2007 or Monday, December 17th, 2007. Please advise: all websites, games, and e-mail will be completely unavailable during the downtime.

I will post a status website address (on a different server) with details on the move soon.
GameDirector Exxy, CEO
Role-Players Gaming Network, Inc.
Eaxia Online, an adventure unlike any other...

Eaxia Online is a product of the Role-Players Gaming Network. Visit us online at http://www.role-players.com.
GDEXXY
Eaxia Online owner
Eaxia Online owner

Postby GDPALLIDAR » Dec 18, 2007 (10:48 pm)

The mentioned server move will be occuring tomorrow, Wednesday, 12/19/07. We'll be taking the server down somewhere between about 5-6PM Eastern.

The equipment will be set up and the new ISP in place Thursday morning, sometime between the hours of 10-12PM most likely. However, due to the necessary propagation of the new IP address, role-players.com and our other domains won't resolve for many players for a period that generally takes from a few hours to 24 hours, depending on your ISP.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for all your support!
:: Rich Mondy, CEO, RPGN
:: Trevor Rage [Haelrahv]
:: GD Pallidar [Eaxia]
GDPALLIDAR

Return to Announcements