Questions for spell casters

Re: Questions for spell casters

Postby Goharo » Aug 23, 2003 (12:57 am)

I am all about the evil :twisted: There needs to be more
Goharo
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GROVENBURGER » Aug 23, 2003 (1:32 am)

I was kinda figuring Priests would be the ones that had what you called 'White Necromancer" spells. Paladins might also have some lesser abilities towards fighting undead for that matter. Clerics are spellcasters more than Fighters so don't forget the non Necromancer ones by any means! :shock:
The Dread Pirate Datymin and crew!

GROVENBURGER
Grand Forums Adventurer
Grand Forums Adventurer

Postby argathian » Aug 23, 2003 (4:16 pm)

i love the idea being as though i play a pallie that follows zak'ryn'del i dont think it would be right with him blessing weapons and healing others with lay hands nor protecting for that matter. but anyway like i said i think its a great idea allows for easier rp for certain people they wont have to not use a skill that is given to them because they are evil they can get evil skills instead of nice one LOVE THE IDEA!!!!! :twisted:

by the way gaeldros nice icon thing :lol:

the infamous,
Argathian
argathian
Forums Adventurer
Forums Adventurer

Postby ALLRIGHT » Aug 23, 2003 (4:35 pm)

I like the idea alot, mainly just for RP purposes, Tristin follows Oran and is good, I also will have a Necro that is evil, I think it allows for a better RP environment and adds diversity to the guilds i.e. evil pallies and so forth. As far as the spell slots, I dont know if other spell casters have this problem but Tristin is capable of casting 9 Level 9 spells, but there is none, maybe you could put them in those, making it a spell taught by the guildleader or something like that. Then they could work like the clerics spells work having different level requirements for the different spells.
ALLRIGHT
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Postby GDGAELDROS » Aug 24, 2003 (2:27 am)

ALLRIGHT wrote:I like the idea alot, mainly just for RP purposes, Tristin follows Oran and is good, I also will have a Necro that is evil, I think it allows for a better RP environment and adds diversity to the guilds i.e. evil pallies and so forth.

That is what I am looking to do :D

ALLRIGHT wrote:As far as the spell slots, I dont know if other spell casters have this problem but Tristin is capable of casting 9 Level 9 spells, but there is none, maybe you could put them in those, making it a spell taught by the guildleader or something like that. Then they could work like the clerics spells work having different level requirements for the different spells.

I understand your plight, but please remember:
1) Spells are constantly being developed
2) Not all spell casting classes will be able to cast all level spells; i.e. your guild may not get 9th level spells - so using a slot from that level is not really a sacrifice, now is it? :wink:
3) Once third tier classes/guilds are out, you may get access to higher level spells, depending upon what class/guild you join.

What I wish to know is would you give up a spell slot (just as an example) of a level you can cast in order to be better able cast other spells - for example, would you give up a spell slot in order to extend the duration of a spell you can cast by twice as long? What about giving up a point of Wisdom or Inteligence, or would you give up 5000 XP?

GD Gaeldros
Game Director
Lore & History Department
Eaxia
Marketing Director
RPGN
GDGAELDROS
Eaxia Online senior staff
Eaxia Online senior staff

Postby ALLRIGHT » Aug 24, 2003 (2:38 pm)

I personally would be willing to give up a spell slot for any ability that would allow my spell to be better, last longer, or whatnot. I also would give 5000 XP but it seems like that would be a bigger sacrifice for different levels of players, and Im pretty sure I wouldnt give up a point of wisdom.
ALLRIGHT
Elder Forums Adventurer
Elder Forums Adventurer

Return to Future Changes